[25] Coronation [25]

Disclaimer: I know nothing about coronations of nations or countries, everything described in this part is from the internet and heavily inspired by the coronation scene in the movie Frozen. I will most likely get a lot of processes wrong in some senses,

It had been a couple of weeks since she got back from Relzic. Niki loved her job around the castle, her comparing it with Relics staff service made her amazed with how welcoming everyone was. Puffy was the main person to help her around the house, showing her where everything is and helping her with the chores she didn't quite understand.

To say the least, Niki was ecstatic to be in Manberg.

Y/N's life was the same old, staying in the palace and on some occasions training by herself in the gardens. Most of the time she would go into Dream's office and just sit there and talk with him, them both doing their things to occupy the small silence in between topics.

She sends letters back and forth to her step-father, never addressing her mother in any way other than the Queen. The sad part is Y/N feels safer around the King other than her biological mother. (Who hasn't said a word to her after she left)

Dream has been very busy, marking where his coronation would be and preparing every towards it.
And today was the day he would finally be called King.

Everyone had to be present with his friends, or they had least had an invite which they can decline if they wish. But most of the royals surrounding Manberg will be showing at the Prince's coronation, even the King of Quath. Who made it known that he will show, even if his daughter is banned from ever returning. And Dream is okay with that.

That means Tyler is also on the list as the King's plus one. And that is not what Dream is okay with. With everything that had happened at the Relzic ball, things weren't great between the two. Dream got possessive and Tyler just wanted to do what he wanted to do. Which was flirt with the princess who the ball was for. Aka, Y/N.

Before the event happen, Dream was frantic around the room. Stress radiating off him, worrying about the worst of what would happen. And Y/N calmed him down, told him to relax and that everything was going to be okay.

--

Hymn flooded the room of the choir finally started. All stood at the back of the elevated area in the front of the room. The Archbishop stood near to the front of the same elevated place, wearing a smile on his lips. Awaiting the soon to be king of Manberg.

There was a table behind him with two very fancy looking pillows resting on top. One with the crown of the kingdom, and another with a sceptre and orb. Y/N was sat in the front row with Dream's royal friends. (Consisting of Minx, Sapnap, George, Ranboo and anyone else except Karl) Luckily, Tyler was nowhere to be seen. Which was a relief on her part, since she really couldn't be bothered to see him today. Other than the time they locked eyes in the reception and Tyler housed a sly smirk. Even when she located where the King of Quath sat, the prince was not sat next to him.

The grand doors at the end of the room were opened by two guards, showing Dream wearing a long cloak in a shade of green.

Everyone stood up as he walked down the path in the middle. Dream made it very clear not to make eye contact with the people around him as he walked up, keeping his eyes only on the Archbishop as he stood in front of him. Once the choir changed their song, the guests sat back down in their respected seats.

The Archbishop turned and held the crown with delicate hands. The crown that the late king, or Dream's father, wore before he passed those months ago. The man held the base of the crown as he turned, very careful with special headwear. 

He placed it slowly on his head, it being nestled in the curls of blonde hair as Dream raised his head once more. Y/N watched with intrigue at the very special moment in time. Glad that she was there.