[16] Dinner [16]

Even if the girl despised her mother in that right moment, some sort of happiness thread through her systems from seeing her Step-Father. The two's friendship went on a rocky start, her just complete ignoring him or blaming things on the King. And he didn't do anything about it, he knew how she was feeling. The thought of her mother marrying another made her hate him, made her think that he took her father away from her mother (which was never the reason).

And now, through the letters that they passed among birds through opened windows. She sort of grew a liking towards him, casually calling him Chris instead of just the king, per him asking her to. (He reasoned it with her trying to be less formal with him, since he isn't trying to be the higher authority and such.) Y/N never thought that he would be so caring to someone not of his own blood, but yet, he accepted her right into his family and secretly made sure her mother didn't throw everything on her.
Even when Y/N wrote him a letter to apologize for her rudeness, he dismissed it completely. Like it never happened, and like their first meeting went as great as it has been going.

It didn't even surprise Y/N when she found out The King made the letter that made Y/N realise what Dream fully meant to her. When it came through her window late at night, it didn't sound like her mother, more kind and informative. Instead of demanding and rules.

"Y/N! Welcome back, step-sis" One of her three step-brothers rested and arm around her shoulders, she shrugged it off with a fake sharp stare.
"Nice to see you to I guess,"

"What's for the pout? We haven't seen you in over a month," Another called from behind, stopping in front of her,
"Well, it isn't the best to be swarmed by the two of you." Y/N reasoned, smiling lightly. "Do you know where Chris is?"

"Dad? Yeah, he is in his office working on some random things. Said he didn't want to be disturbed though, you will probably see him at dinner." The one that recently rested his arm shrugged,
Y/N nodded lightly at that, taking her leave with a small nod and goodbye before stopping.

She turned around, "Oh and congrats on getting the heir to the throne,"
The boy that once stood in front of her beamed at just that, "I am sure you will be a great king, Owen." Y/N continued, seeing him nod before speaking.

"Thank you! I will try my best, even if the throne is far from my reach."

--

Y/N gave a sigh outside the wooden doors, surrounded in bleak dark green walls. Techno stood beside her, looking at her with concern. Tommy was picking at his nails, speaking to the guard that was situated at the front doors and waiting the command to open them. He looked somewhat annoyed at the boy constantly asking to hold his sword, or wear his visor,

She took a breath in, holding for a couple seconds before letting it free. "I am sure everything will be okay," Her personal guard tried to help with her nerves,

"I don't think so," The girl spoke in a small voice, glancing up at him. "I have a really bad feeling,"
"I will be right beside you," Techno tried once again, getting a smile as a reaction.

Y/N hummed, "Princess Y/N, you may enter" Even the guard's voice was agitated, and she apologized on her friends behalf.

The grand doors opened, she walked in with Technoblade following behind, Tommy faltered slightly, before also going into the room.

"We may welcome Princess Y/N of Relzic back to the home," Their secretary of the kingdom bowed at her presence, she nodded in return.

"Y/N," The step-father called, getting out of his seat and going straight over to her. Wrapping her in a tight embrace which she reciprocated.  She smiled, her mother never did that. Ever in her life as royalty in fact.