[31] Aplogizing [31]

Y/N came home, finally. After the whole fiasco with Tyler in Princess Hannah's castle, she was kind enough to let her stay in one of the guest rooms with a multitude of guards surrounding her. Some were outside her door, and others were in the gardens outside her window. It made her feel safe.

Yet she still didn't sleep. Overthinking the whole night.

Dream was there for her return. Probably hearing her arrival from George, seeing as he was the first one at the door and making a ruckus running over to her.

"Y/N- shoot I heard what happened from Sap," George said, wrapping her in a tight hug. "Are you ok?"

She considered lying. It wouldn't have been a bad decision since they would most likely believe her. But Y/N didn't want to. She didn't want to this time.

So she shook her head, not saying a word since she knew she would just end up sobbing into his arms while admitting everything that ever happened to her.

That nearly happened once with him, and she doesn't want that to happen again.

"Dream has been worried sick." George continued. "Always wondering if he should go back and apologize."

Y/N stiffened in George's relentless hold.

"And even when he got the news from the guard that came over. Dream got straight up from his work, that was important, just to see if you were okay." He confessed, a smile on his face. Y/N felt even more guilty.

She had a lot of time to think throughout the night. Like how she reacted with Dream and how he only went there to help. Yet she blew him off with something the person who was trying to have her for himself, said about Dream. So that would most likely be a lie. There was no way that was true, and with how Dream reacted when she said it, it just proved everything.

She was in the wrong.

And he wanted to apologize?

"Where is he?" She asked once George stopped talking, and when he fully pulled away and let Y/N breath on her own.

The comfort was great. But she needed to apologize.

"Dream? He should be," George trailed off, looking behind him right on time to see Dream walk through the doors. He smiled. "Right there."

"Thank you," She said shortly, walking around him and going to the stairs, meeting Dream on the top. 

"Hey, I-"
"I'm sor-"

There was a pause.

"I'm sorry for what I said-"
"I shouldn't have talked to-"

Y/N laughed awkwardly. 

"You talk first." Dream said quickly, to avoid it happening again.

"I'm sorry." She apologized, "I was just tense and I didn't know what I was saying. I know you didn't like her. I shouldn't have believed him when you are clearly right. He just wanted me to-"

Dream pulled a face. "No- I should be the one apologizing. You just got told something horrible and I practically yelled at you." He interrupted. "You were vulnerable, and you were bound to listen to him like that. I am so sorry."

"Dream- no. Just let me apologize for once." She practically begged. "It's my fault you are even apologizing in the first place."

He didn't say anything. Just wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head. "Then I forgive you."

Y/N felt happy. Felt safe.

"I, want to talk about it," She confessed quickly, like if she said it any slower Y/N wouldn't say it at all. "I want to say, what he said to me."