[4] Time [4]

Y/N is way too in love with Dream. Always looking at him with a dorky smile, him always catching her eyes as she tried to bat them away before he notices.

At dinner, in the gardens, special meetings. It's basically become a tradition for Y/N to atleast look at him 3 times a day. The girl even knows how many freckles he has on his cheeks, knowing the exact placing of everyone of them.
She knows the way his eyes soften when he catches her. The way his face goes into a tiny smile to not get any attention but to show Y/N that he notices. The way he holds in his laugh when Y/N quickly turns away with a flustered face.

Y/N made sure she was with him a lot, from missing him when he isn't there but giving him the space he wants. Letting her get back to the feeling of eyes on her.

All of this made her forget about time travel, seeing Dream so happy made her happy. Made her worries and doubts dissappear when he seems ecstatic to see her.
It didn't help that Karl disappeared for a few days after the incident.

But today was the day where she asks, letting Dream know that she would be in the library. Him saying that he was busy the whole day with completly getting rid of socials with Isabella on his own accord.

Wandering down the familiar halls, and pushing the big wooden doors to ajar into the room filled with different bookcases. Knowing Karl is there.

And for sure he was, sat on a windowsil reading a random book called 'Independance'. She never saw that in her life, in small writing was the word 'L'Manberg'.
One foot was crunched up and on the other side of the small (but large in width) windowsil. The other dangling with no life, occasionally moving back and forth. His hands lightly holding the dirty book, his stopwatch hanging above his small pocket on his jacket.

Y/N creaked the door to a shut, gaining the quick attention of the boy with a fast head turn. Karl looked alarmed before realising it was her, "Y/N, hello. Do you need a book?"

The boy subtlety hid the book beside him from her eyes with she shook her head. Karl hummed for her to continue.

"You said when I settled back in the palace you would tell me about Time Travel" Y/N just said it, making Karl startle himself and slip off the windowsil. "Oh, and what your real mission was about."

"Right. You want to do this now?" Y/n hesitantly nodded at his sort of request.

"My real mission was to save you, from Schlatt in more detail. Time Travel makes you go somewhere you need to find the truth about or save. I used these abilities to know exactly when Schlatt would attempt assassination." Karl replied almost instantly,

"Using that infomation I made plans to help you survive, since ever time zone randomly needed you to. This consisted of months and months of failing ideas, until I had the idea of placing a totem of undying in the purple locket I gave you"

"That was the only way you could fully survive. And by saving you, I also saved Prince Dream."
"I have seen things I don't want to see, watching Dream slowly fade into basically nothing. Watching you slowly die in the snow, over and over again. I tried telling Dream about your death date, that only made him die with you. The world needs you both alive."

"The nightmare was going to be the foreseeable future, that's why I was so suprised and glad that you were okay. I made myself be able to show you time travel, thinking that that maybe help. And it somewhat did with me doing test runs after you survived. If I didn't tell you, you wouldn't have trusted me and taken the locket."

"And to be honest, I am actually glad I did. Seeing as I know more about you then you know yourself." Karl laughed,

"What do you mean know me better then myself?" Y/N questioned before processing the rest of the words.