[32] Panic [32]

Y/N walked down the corridors. Looking at a clock hung on the wall, it ticking as the hands turned to different numbers. She heard the sound of footsteps, reassuring herself they are just hers. No one else's. There isn't any need for panic.

Yet.

She just needed the walk, not going in any direction wandering and thinking. The voices kept her company. They always did.

And they got particularly excited when she passed that one door. That one door she had that month when she first got here. When so many Princess' came to try and get Dream for themselves, his hand for marriage and alliance.

So she stopped for them, turning to face the wood and golden handle. A numbered plaque was once on the door, saying 502. It is a beautiful door, the carving of the wood the same as any other in the palace but still beautiful.

Y/N checked if it was open, and the handle slid down as the door cracked slightly. Showing the inside of the room. The voices applauded, egging her on to go inside.

She opened it a little more, stepping on the wood floors and looking around slightly. Shutting it behind her, the key on the other side.

Y/N took the key, keeping it in the palm of her hand. Walking towards the window to look outside. Checking, of course, if someone was there. No one was.

Then the wardrobe, and yet again, no one was sitting inside. A sigh of relief.

But panic started a couple of minutes later. Looking at the walls and the floor and the carpet, the desk and the bed and everything that happened. Panic rose.

Y/N checked the window. No one is out there still. And then the wardrobe. The same. No one is there. Why is she checking?

So she stepped back for a second. Focusing on calming down. On leaving and maybe getting some fresh air. That normally helps.

She checks the window and the wardrobe once more to get the same result.

And now she started breathing fast. Why is this happening?

She needs to leave. Need fresh air. Needs to be outside. Away from everything.

But her mind stays within the room she had that month. The room Tyler watched her in, the room she cried so many times out of frustration.

Nearly everything looked the same. The bed was the same distance from the wall, the bedside cabinets still had a funky pattern of wood on them. The closet with the mirror still stood opposite the bed.

Everything instead of her things occupying the shelves and cabinets. Her suitcases were in a pile near the corner of the room. The desk filled with pages and art supplies; her fathers book placed carefully on top with charred sides and pages.

Before Y/N left with her panicking brain, she locked the windows and closed the curtains.

Y/N closed the door slowly. Like she was never in there in the first place.

She took a breath, moving to stand straight. Maybe she should check out the window again, just in case. Maybe she should've double-checked the closet once over, just to put her mind at ease.

"Princess?" Someone's voice asked from down the corridor. She didn't recognize it, somewhere in the travel to her mind they mixed with Tyler's voice.

She looked at him alarmed. Relaxing slightly when realising isn't wasn't him. But it was someone she didn't recognize. Would they hurt her?

"Are you okay?" They asked, voicing their concern. You could see it in their eyes. You could see everything in their blue eyes.

"Uh- Yeah! Yeah, I'm okay." Y/N stuttered. Moving away from the door. She isn't going to check, because no one is there. Y/N checked 3 times already. No one is there. "I need to go-"