[24] Weakness [24]

Netherite axe.

The same one Schlatt used, burns her mind with vivid pictures.

Most the time when she closes her eyes. She hears the screams, the cries and the begs of her friends.

Just at the sight of an axe. Shiny as can be. Scratches adorning the metal or ore. It makes her tremble. Makes her scared. Makes the pictures come back.

Karl notices. Karl tries to help. Karl can't help.

She explains it like the voices. But worse. Her voices are bad for very rare periods, showing the most gore like visions when they get angry. Y/N can communicate with her voices, and they seem to pity her.

But the axe. The pictures and sounds that play. They never leave. Never will. They are just, there.

Pictures when her eyes closes of snow and blood. Pictures of the sadistic grin Schlatt's mostly blurred face has when holding the forbidden weapon. Pictures if the held back Techno, grasping for her. Trying to get to her.

Y/N has nightmares. Mostly every night. Ever since that one day. Everything is flipped. Her voices isn't the worse things that has happened to her. It's the pictures. The sounds. The cries.

She has gotten distant with the household. Trying to distance herself away from where it happened. Because that might help with healing.

Y/N is not okay.

Yet she says she is.

Lying among lies she has created for her benefit. Even if doesn't have to lie. She always does.

It's like second nature.

And Dream stays oblivious. Trusts Y/N that she doesn't lie. Trusts that he can believe that she would never. Everything that comes out of her mouth, he believes in a heartbeat.
And that's the problem. The Prince, near King, is oblivious.

Every sight of an axe. Mostly the purple shiny ones. The ones that look just like what she was 'killed' with.
And that's hard.

The new weapon that is deemed the best. Is an axe. So who wouldn't make every guard in their kingdom be able to hold a axe. Be able to use an axe. Be able to swing and cause damage.

Y/N makes sure she is away from that when it is happening. Has mild panic when is shown one that might be best, but pushes through anyway with a shaky fast voice to get it over with as fast as possible.

Schlatt kept the axe. Even with the huge crack in the sharpened purple. He mended it. Made it better.

Ready to strike again with a weakness.

--

a/n

kinda short, did this in less then 20 minutes. but was able to write this in the time I wasn't busy so woo

Quick question. To make everything in the future of the story I need at least one year since when she came back from running away. So is everyone okay with jumps in the story?

I'm not saying I'm going to just, next chapter be like 'it has been a year'. No, I will make chapters in between with weeks-months apart from the last so it isn't a huge skip. But to make it seem realistic kind of I need that time in the middle for the main sort of thing

Tell me your thoughts!

Love you all, have a great day. Idk when the next chapter is since I need to do a bit of research for it, but then it's done and ready

Make sure you eat something!

MWAH
582 words