[41] Tommy [41]

Y/N kissed Dream.

But it didn't feel the same as when she kissed him that time she ruined a wedding.

They share glances.

But only once a day since they are both more distant, shielding their feelings and heart in tiny boxes to make sure they don't hurt each other.

Y/N never tried to get home early. Always staying in the future for as long as possible.

Dream never left his office unless he had to. Always excusing himself straight when he finishes his meal just to dwell in his thoughts for the rest of the day.

The two don't act like they are together.

They don't just randomly laugh at each other, they don't talk to each other unless needed.

They make their friends worried about their well-being.

The castle has just been a bubble of hurt since the argument. It spread like a wildfire through the staff so now everyone was aware of it.

It didn't help how they yelled so loud.

Y/N visited the house in the snow area again when she knew Techno was out.

They asked if she was okay, asked where she went all those times she used their house as an excuse. Like the first time, they went easier on her. But she guessed the curiosity got to them. She didn't care.

But she skipped over topics, not wanting to talk. Tommy lightened the mood in those hours, nagging at Y/N to watch him do weird tricks with Tubbo.

It made her smile (which they both counted as a success).

Dream got angry at her a third time, and she just said she was leaving for the night. Which he protested against, but she was already out the door. 

And Dream took note that Karl didn't go with her.

Y/N visited future Dream for the 3rd time, soaking in his company while the strain of her current and his past would melt away. Future Dream asked questions of what was happening in the past for her, and she gave a short analysis of everything.

And he apologized for his past self, seemingly angry at how he was.

He would say, "What was I annoyed at this time?" with handcuffed hands. A chain was connected to the wall. The handcuff's enclosed his hands in metal. A new addition from the last visit. He wasn't allowed close to the barrier at all.

And she would mumble her answer, focused on the bumpy obsidian surrounding them and the recently disclosed metal trapping future Dream's hands together.

Then Y/N talked about how he got the handcuffs, and he rambled about how the Warden wanted to 'up the security' ("So he put you in cuffs with you also trapped in this box? For security?" "Basically.")

And Y/N left once a very anxious Sam told her the time was up, simultaneously taking off the handcuffs. She tried asking for a couple more minutes, but the atmosphere of the box changed and future Dream rose to his feet in fear.

She tried asking if he was okay, and he was silent until the warden glared at him. Then he said he was fine.

Sam escorted her out quickly and she couldn't get a proper goodbye.

After leaving the portal. Y/N was alone yet again, standing and staring at the prison. Watching how Quackity avoided her on his way in. Not even a small hello.

Outside turned cold, and the girl wanted to go home. But she also didn't want to have another stupid tiny argument with her fiancé. So she opted to go to Snowchester, which was colder.

Tommy was at the bridge, being overly energetic with a camera in his hands. She ignored him, squeezing past and hoping he doesn't-

"Y/N!" Tommy called, breaking her from her thoughts after hours of them consuming her. "Hey! My friend!" A running of footsteps behind her made her stop, the weird accent made her turn.

"Tommy- uh. Didn't see you, over there. Do you need anything?" She was nervous, Tommy heaved as he stopped right in front of her.

"Yeah- say hello to the people." The accent stayed, to her dismay.

"Hi?" Confusion was evident.

"Anyway, so I was going to get some wood from the forest over near that box in the forest. Want to come along?" The camera was forced into her face. Tommy spoke fast, and with her expert knowledge and skill, she knew what he said.

"Um, I.." She stumbled. Looking to where his bandaged finger pointed. It was something that she could do, to get her mind off of everything. "Sure... I guess,"

"Great, thanks." He smiled, showing his teeth before looking down to the glowing object in his hand (what she now knows as a phone after Tubbo telling her). "Oh wait- Chat. This is Y/N, I haven't properly introduced you yet."

"Chat?" She questioned,

"I thought lil' Tubs told you about this- streaming. Well, I'm streaming." He corrected, then started to explain. Lowering the camera to his hip.

He explained how it's a little game the two made. Every time you 'stream', you get 1,000 points (Tommy has 36,487 and Tubbo has 43,031). The first one to get 1 million points wins (points are also called viewers to them) There are rules and consequences as well. Like you need to act like there are people watching at all times, and for proof, you need to record the camera so you can't lie. The streams have to be on for about an hour and it has to be entertaining. Break any of the rules and points get deducted.

"So- I'm on camera?" She looked straight at the camera lens, looking at the reflection inside as Tommy hummed.

"Yep! To hundreds of specs on the world," She looked at him with fondness. He smiled back.

The boy with a bandaid over the bridge of his nose nodded at nothing, clicking a button on his wristband and making a semi-transparent grid appear in front of his hand. Grabbing for his axe, "You have an axe right?" He asked before turning to walk away, Y/N quickly caught up.

"No- no I don't." She was quickly passed one, mumbling thanks after. It stumbled in her hands before Y/N got a proper hold on it.

She was lucky it wasn't a Netherrite one. Or else things would've spiralled.

Tommy cheered her up, made her ignore everything and just was his normal self. Screaming when he saw a spider dangling from a leaf on their web, and challenged Y/N to a wooden sword duel.

He kept on saying "This is amazing content for the people" and overall acted like loads of people were watching and enjoying it. It made her smile even bigger.

She realised that he acted like Tommy in her timeline a lot. And that made it even greater.

And when she got back to her own area, Manberg. Dream quizzed her on where she went,
This time she didn't lie. And said she just went to see Tommy.

Since. That's all she really did, right?

--

a/n

filler chapter of course ;)

hope your day was amazing! 'cause mine sure was

MWAH
1052 words