[30] Mistake [30]

Y/N's head shot to the sound of a twig snapping. Eyes meeting Dream's instantly.

Sapnap got one of the guards to get him from Manberg, which isn't that long away. Since Y/N refused to move from her place on a bench outside the castle, he went to her.

And his eyes softened instantly. They always did when he saw her. Even if she was crying or angry, he always seemed to soften that tiniest bit.

Even when he doesn't realise it. Or when she doesn't deserve it.

Dream moved to sit next to her. Seeing the 3 guards stationed around her with clear weapons that Y/N had asked for when the others had to go inside. She hated being alone, eyes always focusing on the bushes and trees. Wondering if someone could watch her, stare at her from there.

The probably could-

Y/N hated her thoughts.

"Hey," Even his voice was soft. She didn't deserve it.

Y/N didn't say anything. So he continued.

"Minx, uh, told me what happened." Dream directed his vision to the stone path underneath his shoes. Eyes following the cracks that seemed to be a design choice rather than the age of the stone. "And how he is now in the medical wing with a broken rib and nose. She might have even said his jaw as well."

She continued to just look at him. Not wanting to look anywhere else since those places only brought more of a scare. Anywhere gave her a scare, even him.

But his scare for her was different.

".. she did a number on him." Dream trailed off with his words. Now looking back up. No sign of a smile. Anyone could see the pressured down anger that bubbled behind his eyes. "She also said you don't want to talk about it, correct?"

This time she nodded. Like if she spoke her world would crumble and she would start crying again. This time she moved her gaze. Like if she looked any longer that anger would turn against her.

But he sighed, something on his mind. "I don't want to- force you or anything. But when you do feel comfortable? I guess. Please tell me what he said, it would help me understand better. Y'know?" He spoke like she was fragile. Like if he said the wrong string of words then Y/N would fall and shatter. That Y/N was broken.

She hated how he talked to her like she was a 5 year old. Like she was so small she didn't understand anything. When in fact she is 22, his fiancé and just figured out for the past 6 years of her life someone had been watching her without her knowing. A clear difference if you ask her.

But Y/N didn't vocalise her frustration with his tone of words. Just looking at the bush with so intensity you would expect it to move. Refraining from speaking as a whole.

"What are you looking at?" He tried. Dream did try to drift the topic in another direction.

This time she responded with words.

"The hedge over there." Her voice was croaky, the sound it would be when you were just crying for hours apon hours.

Y/N pointed at it. Her hand still was shaky.

And Dream questioned why she would just look at a piece of the wild with such a death glare.

"Someone might be behind it. Watching us." She mumbled,

"What- wait- darling-" He tried to get her attention. Steal it away from the hedge that- did it move? Or was it just the wind?

"You never know anymore." Y/N still continued. It was the wind. Even the guards put eyes on the bit of wildlife, hands tensing at the swords and bows. Per Hannah's demand. "Who could be lying. Or just watching from the sidelines for 6 years of the life you live without your realization."