[35] Argument [35]

angst in this one. just a little heads up :)

"You are giving me- a pocket watch?" Y/N spoke, standing outside of Kinoko Kingdom when Techno said his final words. "We nearly just got found out by Dream." Ready to leave back to her timeline and see her fiance yet again,

"Yeah! So then you don't have to ask me every time to go over here, y'know?" Karl said enthusiastically. Placing the watch into her palm, "It's yours."

"Why all of a sudden? I-" Y/N stayed confused.

"I might not be around as much in the castle, so you can still come here if you wish when I am not. Does that make sense?" Karl asked, and this time Y/N nodded.

"Yep. Perfect sense. Thank you, Karl," She smiled brightly at him, placing it in her pocket.

"Come on," He gripped her shoulders, spinning them around and using his own to open the purple vortex. "I will show you how to use it when we get back,"

The two of them left without another word. Not realising how Techno just left the castle grounds after telling Dream the truth of her lies.

--

They set base in the ballroom, Karl pointing at the lid of the watch. "It acts like a normal one, you can open the top and see a clock inside. See?" Karl demonstrated, opening it to see what he said was the truth. A white old looking clock faced back at her with the correct time. She checked the clock in the ballroom to make sure.

She closed it back again, looking at him for further direction. "This on the side is the main one," He pointed to a protruding button on the left side. "It makes the portal. But to place it you need to hold in the lock, which is on the other side. For, y'know. Safety and all that."

Karl took the magic pocket watch, doing exactly what he said to her before. Making the same colour purple as his portal. "And to close it, you just repeat the action but press the one down from the main one." And he demonstrated that as well, Y/N looking and ready to learn.

He passed it back to her for her to try. And she did it beautifully, opening and closing the vortex of purple once before doing a proud smile back at him. "That's really all there is. Whatever you are thinking when you pass inside the portal is where you go." Was the next thing he explained,

"There are some rules with the future now since you have your time travel equipment. No saying or exposing this to anyone over there," He counted them on his fingers. Being stern and making her understand that these are important. "That also means no saying anything about your past or how you got there."

"Two, no going in the egg room. Yes, I know the egg has been going through transporting. But. Don't go in there, and don't touch the vines or go anywhere near that egg. It is dangerous. That goes onto number three, where you should not, and I mean it, get yourself hurt in any way shape or form." Karl continued, holding up three fingers.

"And last. Four, no going near the prison." Karl looked at her, then the watch in her hand. "If you break any of them I will take it away with no ifs or buts. Okay?"

"Alright." Y/N smiled. "That's fair-"

The door opened to the ballroom, making the two spin to see Dream leaning on the doorframe. "Dinner is almost ready" He spoke in a slack voice, too calm than he usually was.

"What are we having today?" Karl asked the Prince, nudging Y/N to hide the pocket watch in the back pocket of her cloak. Which she did. Not catching the annoyed glance of her lover towards her.

He saw that.

"I'm not really sure, they just told me to come to get you two" His eyes kept on her, before moving back to the other. Dream's voice was dangerously low, confusing Y/N as she moved to a position to hide the pocket watch a little more, a security measure.