[26] Kid [26]

Longer chapter to compensate for the last chapter! Enjoy!!

"Are you going somewhere?" Dream murmured sleepily, holding Y/N from behind as Sam waited patiently. His head rested on her right shoulder. She would be lying if it didn't startle her.

"Did you just wake up?" She asked. They were stood near the doors to go outside, the sun beamed through the window. Dream nodded against her, seeming to stifle a yawn.

"You didn't answer my question," said Dream.

"I'm going to the bookstore that opened up in town, then I might go to Phil's," Y/N answered with a smile, "Okay?"

"Yep," He smiled back in his tired nature, leaving a small little kiss on the side of her neck before fully moving his head, arms still around her middle. "Doesn't Karl normally go with you?"

"He's busy at the moment with something.. somewhere else. I don't want to bother him." She replied, leaning her back into his chest. Sam seemed to be in a conversation with Bad, paying no mind to the two.

He squeezed her slightly. "Have fun. I'm going back to bed, it's too early for it to be this bright,"

"It's 11 am," Y/N said with a slight chuckle. Turning around to see him fully,

"My point still stands, I love you." He replied, kissing her yet again on the top of her head. His hands still stayed around her, not even budging once as an indication of moving.

"I love you too," She smiled even harder.

Normally when he gets this tired Dream gets more clingy towards her when she has to leave. So really she is surprised that he is calmer than normal-

"Do you have to go?" His words made her shake her head with fondness.

"I won't be long," said Y/N calmly.

"You would if you are going to their house as well." Dream grumbled, letting go and acting like a child in a tantrum.

"Go rest, I will maybe be back before you wake up. Okay?" Y/N promised.

"Maybe my ass-" Dream mimicked her with a small voice, yet she still heard it.

"Dream! I'm going, love you, bye." Y/N interrupted Dream, kissing him on the cheek once before going to Sam. Who escorted her out the premises of the castle and into the town below.

--

"Hello, yes I am good thank you," Y/N answered the normal question of how are you to the person behind the cash register. Placing a brown thick-ish book beside the register with a fake-ish smile, "Just this please."

Sam, the guard, was stationed outside, waiting for her to leave the bookstore with a new thing to keep her mind on. Y/N could sense the pure joy the worker had, smiling incredibly wide while ringing up her purchase. They liked their job here.

The bookstore was very quaint and small, with bookshelves lining the walls with some isles in the middle. It housed any book you would ever want, from non-fiction and about the world with maps and information. To fantasy with werewolves, vampires and fairies. There are books for children as little as a month old filled with colourful pictures they would point and babble about how it intrigues their eyes. And the parent would just nod and turn the page, awaiting the next set of indistinguishable words that came out of their babies mouth. And there are books for elders and adults with curse words and very detailed depictions of murder and/or blood in nearly every chapter. Filled with words in the smallest writing but no colourful pictures to appease the minds.

It depends on what you like or seems interesting to read from any section.

The worker placed the book down back on the table in front of them. Saying the price with a cheerful customer service voice while Y/N handed over the money. Picking back up the book that fits so happily in her hand. Awaiting its new home from the recent mahogany shelves. Y/N muttered another thank you and a wish of a good day before leaving the store completely. Standing beside the guard that now turned towards her, waiting for the next move she does.