[19] Possesive [19]

Y/N woke up, blearily blinking her eyes at the curtains covering the window of her room. Warm arms around her waist and a body pressed flush against her back was the second thing for her to notice, making her smile subconsciously. Light was peeking through the black curtains, sending streaks of painted light onto the room. She swore she could hear birds somewhere, as well as a light downpour of rain that tapped her window.

Dream kissed her head of hair, murmuring a good morning like it was a secret. Y/N copied at the same level of noise, bringing the duvet closer to her face. "You okay?" He asked groggily, full of sleep as he moved impossibly close to her.

Y/N hummed, "Tired" She mumbled after, holding his hands that were underneath the blanket as he chuckled dryly.

"You just woke up sweetheart, you can't be that tired." The person behind her spoke light-heartedly, moving his hand to clasp around hers and make little circles on the top.

"We did go to bed at 3," She made an excuse, making him only laugh more.
"You normally go to bed at 3. Maybe even later,"

She knew it was the truth, but denied it anyway with her half asleep mind making it weird to stop herself.
"Sure. So the person getting into bed at 3am every night back in Manberg is a ghost?"

"Yep" Y/N responded playfully, making him sigh over dramatically.
"Guess there's a entity living in our bedroom now,"

Silence went over them. The noise of the rain filled it, little patters and taps of water hit the glass slowly. He rested his chin on her head, both watching how the curtains moved from the forgotten open window.

"When are you going back to Manberg?" He asked, breaking the tranquil room vibe with a soft voice.
"Probably another night in the castle," Y/N answered with a tiny delay, copying his tone.

"Wait, really?" It changed quickly, he moved to be upright on his elbow.

"Yeah. I wasn't going to stay here long anyway," Y/N could tell he was smiling, smiling herself as she turned to now face him.

"I can probably go back with you then, since your step-dad invited me to stay another night here" Dream spoke, Y/N connected the dots.

"Is that why you missed half of the ball?" She questioned, Dream's eyes widened for a split second, his face going a light red as he fought his throat for words.

"N-Not exactly. Well I mean, yeah. But, no at that same time" The boy stumbled, his head going back to the pillow.

"Then what did happen? You were gone a while; I thought you were lost or something"
"It's raining," He tried to change the subject, and weirdly it worked. Well, it sort of worked. Just the previous conversation was pushed back in their minds slightly.

"I know. I can hear it," She spoke like it was obvious,
"You like the rain don't you?" He skipped over it,

"Mhm. Aren't you bored with me always talking about it?" She questioned, Dream shook his head.

Y/N turned back over to where the window was. "Nah. It's the same with you and your flowers, it doesn't really bore me."

"Good."

He laughed,

--

"My pretty lady," He murmured after seeing Y/N go back to sleep for the second time; since the two has been talking for about 10 minutes before she passed out again. Dream kissed the space under her ear softly, Y/N smiled "Sleep well."

Dream got up completely after that and leaving the room. Niki was outside just about about to knock on the solid door. She recoiled her hand quickly, holding them both in front of her as she tried to hide her shocked expression. "Prince Dream? I thought you were in your own room." The girl laughed nervously, stepping aside as he fully walked out and shut the door behind him.