[39] This time [39]

Y/N officially has made everyone leave or get mad at her.

Y/N distanced herself from the friends in the snowy area, not wanting Techno to get more mad about his last outburst that happened yesterday.

Y/N distanced herself from Karl for the first time she went into that prison and came back with him annoyed at her. He always seems to try and apologise, she just doesn't have the guts to accept them. Since she was the one who was meant to apologise. And even when she tried to find him to apologise. He is nowhere to be found.

Y/N doesn't even know why he came to the house yesterday to witness Techno. She didn't understand why he let her drag him out of the house. She didn't understand his thought patterns.

Y/N distanced herself from her friends in the castle. Sapnap, George, Minx. Ranboo and Bad. Even Puffy and Niki. She never says a word inside that castle, unless it is to a random guard asking them to be around her. Like she always did.

And finally, Y/N distanced herself from her- well. Dream. Yet again, not saying a single letter or word toward the other. And yet again he tries. Dream always tries. He tries to talk to her, tries to go back to normal. Where they were happy. And he didn't know about the secrets.

But now he knows. And they both know it won't go back to when he was so trusting. So obedient.

The two of them have a pillow barrier in the middle of the bed as they face the opposite sides of the room. Away from each other. They don't talk about how every night the pillows are on the floor and they were like they used to. They don't talk.

Because now he knows. And everything changed.

The only thing that stayed the same is when she just sat up, 2 am every night. She doesn't try to get up that exact time, but Y/N does anyway. A little murmur from the boy next to her asks her to stay.

Y/N doesn't listen,
She never listens.

Getting up fully and covering her side of the bed with the comforter. Like she was never there.

Then like rehearsed. Every night, he continues to ask where she is going. Like it would change one day. Like she would change the answer from the short, "For a walk. Don't worry, I'll be back soon."

Like she won't leave.

Nothing changes.

They don't say when the two of them wishes it does.

But, she goes to the future. Going to the mansion in Snowchester and knocking on the grand door. Tubbo always answers. So she was surprised when Ranboo does this time.

It was awkward. Since he looks exactly the same as the one in the past. The one she doesn't talk to.

"Hey, you came early today." Ranboo smiled. They were expecting her. Always expecting her.

"Me and Tubbo just set up the main hall to play some card games in, Tommy should be here soon." Ranboo left the door open for her to walk inside. He trusts her to close it after she enters as he walks to the main hall of the mansion.

He trusts her, of course.

And that brings pain to her heart. Nobody should trust her. Yet she just smiled and walked in behind him.

Y/N closed the door behind her and shucks off the thick cloak from around her shoulders. Placing it on her designated peg on the cloak stand looked back to the main room.

It was sad that this was what she called home now. 100 years in the future from her actual timeline. This is her home. It shouldn't be. She knew it shouldn't be.

"Are you coming?" Tubbo's voice called from a random direction,

She walked to the hall by herself. Sitting in one of the chairs and joined in the conversation the two platonic husbands were having. Something about burgers.

Tommy came eventually, claiming that they should play 'go fish' with a pack of cards he stole from Wilbur. He seemed so proud of himself, repeating that it was really hard.

Like the cards was money in a bank. And he had to plan a heist to get to them. (He only really needed to wait until Wilbur got too drunk to function, then take them from an unguarded shelf.)

The games continued until late at night. Well, morning. 7 am is when they called it quits. Seeing the sun peeking from closed curtains.

This time. Instead of staying the night in a room that Ranboo paid Foolish to build especially for her since she is there more than she is at her own home. Y/N left.

Saying goodbye to the three of them, taking the pack of cards to relocate them back to Wilbur wherever he is.

This time. She went to L'manberg. Phil recently decorated the area and got rid of the glass, making a bridge that goes across with moss and flowering vines trailing down to a flag. The flag of the nation that won, but lost at the same time.

Y/N knew he would be there. Elbows pressed into the oak wood of the bannister following the edges of the bridge she stood on. A cigarette between his fingers and a lighter in one of his brown pockets.

Wilbur Soot.

She joined him.

Looking at the water below, watching little bits of debris from the rocks that scale the drop go down and hit the mirroring water. They didn't speak. Not a word.

He mindlessly offered one of his sacred cigarettes to the girl, who declined almost instantly with a little shake of her head.

Wilbur was there to mourn the death of his once-thriving nation. Before the land was corrupt by the blast of his own hand. Before everything that made an obsidian grid on top of that land appear.

She was there for grounding. For thinking those thoughts that she pushed aside to make her own feelings more stable. More kind to her soul.

They didn't speak.

Just enjoyed listening to birds waking up, and the tired nation beyond the steep steps and mountain. Beyond the woods on the other side where a ravine full of memories lay deep in the group. Beyond to the Antarctic, where some traitors (or how you may put it) reside in their retirement home.

He was the first one to leave. With the pack of cards now pushed hastily into his pocket that was unnaturally deep. And the stomp of a cigarette but on the ground.

And when she left. Y/N picked up that exact squashed cigarette, bringing it to a nearby lava pit. (Well, it was a 10-minute walk but we don't talk about that.) And threw it inside, watching it catch fire and slowly but surely sink down from visibility.

This time. She went home. Her real home.

This time. They didn't have the pillow wall in between their own sides, she moved it herself. Like she did every night.

This time. She let herself break down with all the things she has done. All the things she has lied about.

She let them finally have a moment by themselves while ignoring the taste of alcohol on his tongue. (Y/N didn't know why. Maybe she knew that this wouldn't have happened if he wasn't that tiniest bit drunk.)

And this time. She let Dream hold her, vowing to the girl that he would never let go.

This was his time to lie.

--

a/n:

oop

love you all! if i could platonically kiss your forehead with consent I would :)

MWAH
1262 words