[11] Fire [11]

"Congratulations!" Karl beamed, "It's really about time you made it official,"

"Yeah yeah. Whatever." Y/N said with humour, sitting at one of the wooden chairs in the huge old library. Dream was sleeping, she made him sleep in today since he has been tired a lot recently.

"How did he ask? I heard that Sapnap helped him" The boy pressed on, leaning against the wooden table that matched the chair. Different varies of sizable books were scattered around the surface from Karl's night binge.

She explained everything. How the table was set up in the courtyard near the fantasy like waterfall. Telling him how Y/N didn't expect it what so ever, and just said the details he needed to know. Karl listened throughout, but seemed distracted by something.

"Aren't you leaving in about 3 hours?" He spoke after the girl finished, her immediately nodding.
"Oh wait shit. I should probably get ready-"

"No! I mean. No. You have plenty of time," He rushed over his words. It scared her.

"Why can't I?"
"I need to show you something." Karl changed the subject. The complete opposite to the recent mumbling and rushing. It made her even more frightened.

"Karl. Why can't I go get ready?" Y/N switched it right back. Voice stern.

"I need to show you something. Then you can" Karl mumbled, not giving any eye contact. "Just don't know if I get to see you before you leave. It won't take long, and I'll even get us back here when we are done. Alright?"

Y/N hesitated. "The reason I can't is because you want more time with me?" Seeing his nod slightly made her split into a smile. "Awh. You should have said so," The girl teased, Karl rethinking his options.

"Mhm. You know the drill, hold on tight so you don't get lost" Karl outstretched his arm as she looped hers through.
"Lost?-"

"And we are off" The boy interuppted quickly, not wanting to go into detail where she will end up and/or be lost in.

The purple vortex of colour showed its way, making it bright in the room before he jumped in, Y/N holding him as if her life depended on it.

--

Y/N felt sick to her stomach when they landed near an open fence gate. Holding it with both arms as Karl patted her back. Her vision was blurred as the portal closed behind them, seeing the green grass below her shoes in only one solid colour. It was as if someone was colouring the world in. "At least you didn't fall on your face." Karl spoke as she associated herself with her surroundings.

"I don't understand how you aren't being sick right now." Y/N responded in disbelief,
"I'm used to it. Did the first time though,"

The girl's vision was finally normal, the grass below her seemed more detailed. The brown fence gate seemed more normal.

She looked up finally, moving her arms from her now okay stomach.

And she just stared.
Not wanting to move.
Karl seemed to realise that she knew.

That Y/N knew that she was standing in front of her childhood home. Still standing in all its glory.
"Why are we here..?" She asked in a small voice,

And in that moment; karl felt bad. But she has to see it. Y/N must see this.
"I'm sorry, I know this must make you upset. I just need to show you something."

Y/N's eyes never drifted from the dried hay, carelessly stacked right next to the home. It was in the middle of the huge field, it was where it would be most favourable with the government that nothing else would burn.
But it still decided to follow the grass and flowers to the neighbouring village. Like magic really.