[17] Ball [17]

Big chapter! get something to drink and eat, make sure to take breaks if you so need to. 

Also, if you want to change your outfit for the ball, be my guest. I don't care what you wear, just the outfit that I described will be the outfit mentioned throughout the chapter :)
Enjoy!

--

Reeling the string of the bow back to an impossible angle, making the hard wood bend at the strength, she held onto the quill of the arrow, the slit at the top hugging the string that was pressing her fingers in a uncomfortable matter.

The target in the distance was already littered to the brim with arrows. You could tell the more recent due to the deeper, more prominent arrows. The moonlight shone down on her as she took a breath, Y/N did this every time in the past when arguments broke. Fleeing to the outside to where her step-father constructed when he found her taking out her nerves and anger on a hay bale.

It was funny. The bow was meant to be a nice gift from one of her step-brothers for one of her birthdays after her mother snapped the one she bought herself, saying its not 'ladylike' and she had to 'prove an example' to the people she now leads. He thought she would just, learn how to fire the bow and protect herself.
And all she uses it for is to take her anger out on her mother and her mother only.

Her muscles relaxed, aiming the tip of the arrow to the battered target and letting go of the string. Watching it ping back and forth, following the wooden arrow with her eyes as it landed in a impossible crevice of surrounded arrows. Going deep into the material of the white and red circle that only the feather at the end was showing. The deeper of them all.

Only the sound of the metal tip plunging into the wood behind was heard, as well as her heaving breaths. Y/N wanted to scream, she hated how her mother thought. First, forcing her to compete for the Princes hand, and then saying she can't be with him when she succeed.

But she cried instead. The cold air stinging the now trails of shine as she just looked to the grass below her. She must have been out there for hours, just using her anger on the one thing she knew that would help.

Drips of water splattered into the grass shards that were tickling her legs. Glancing at the spilled arrows that were just splayed around the grass. Y/N saw the gold band on each one, showing that they belonged to the royal family. And it made her hurt some more,

Leaning down and picking another one off the now depleting bunch. Chris gave her more then he usually did, so she had a lot to start of with. And now there was only a measly 1 or 2 that were in the large grass. Since, the area that she was standing in was only for her. No staff is allowed in these parts, even if she let's them anyway.

Doing the exact same as before. But different, those arrows she her anger. And this one will most likely show her sadness. Giving her full effort and strength, being quick and hasty as she flung the arrow. Completely missing the target and it landing on a tree, stuck into the bark with a crack spreading through the wood. Sap leaking through and covering the arrow in the sticky substance.

Not to mention it was too high for her to reach.
"You are going to poke someone's eye out with your aim," Someone called from behind her, walking through the trees with one hand passing through.

Y/N turned at the sound, putting the bow by her side. "Ranboo? Why are you here?" To say she was surprised was an understatement, "Aren't you meant to be in your own kingdom?"

Ranboo laughed, walking closer "My father has business here, and since I was invited to the ball I decided to tag along." He smiled, stopping next to her and glancing at the target. "Had to let off some steam?"