[5] Sad [5]

a/n: this was going to be the ending, but I decided against it and made it happier instead! I may as well post it so the writing doesn't go to waste, but this is just an additional type of chapter and made it make sense, kind of.
So around the start wouldn't of been in the origingal ending, since Karl wouldn't of saved Y/N.

This will have spoilers to the sequel
Prepare to most likely cry

Hope you enjoy.

--

Karl saw the two royals happy. Finally happy anyway. And it made him be proud, he did this. He made them happy. He made her stay alive with his constant worrying and months of advancements to the final product.

But now, all he can think about is his failed areas. The ones where Y/N died, the ones where Dream decided to fall into a spiral. Denying the responsibility as a Prince, or even King, and dying in the hands of rioters, bandits, his own hands, and Schlatt.

It didn't help that Karl had to witness every one of them. Had to witness Dream slowly drive himself to his own death. Slowly drive himself outside and wait for someone to do the deed.
Dream neglected the things that he wished he would have since a child.

Dream blamed himself for her death every time, vowing to himself that he would find the man who did it and kill them in cold blood. But that would result in him dying instead.

Karl can't stop Schlatt by himself, and now seeing as Y/N can possess the power of also time travelling. It will help immensely if she could somehow learn how to.
But Karl's main job has been completed, he saved the Princess. Made sure Manberg was okay, made sure the Prince didn't dissolve into nothing.

But he wanted to stay, wanted to show Y/N what she can do. But he also needs to make sure he is taking equal amount of time in his own time zone, seeing as they are growing suspicious by the second.

That day, he decided that he would go back in time to see if there was another way to help the girl without her going through the pain that she endured.
Him not telling her that he was a time traveller,

But. She died, Y/N didn't take the locket, or she did and opened it from lack of trust. Taking out the wooden doll from its uselessness.

He watched from the shadows of the trees, seeing the purple locket hung around her neck. But the shriek of death, followed by her limp body fall face first into the now stained snow. Tommy running over to her as Schlatt laughed the laugh that he usually did.

No green light was in her locket, Tommy crying on her dead body with the gash straight through her head. The others going over to her as well, checking everything possible that might help her live.

But she was announced dead by the man with the wings.
The next day Tommy came to tell yhe news. And that suprised Karl, since it was usually Techno or Wilbur. The others usually mourned for months, Techno and Wilbur was numb enough to say.

Tommy didn't look like Tommy. The Tommy Karl knew anyway. He wore a Cornflower wrapped around his left wrist, the other her favourite colour band hanging loosely.

He had bags under his red eyes, scratches littering on every surface that was usually clear. He never smiled or laughed. Never cracked jokes, never was with people. Always alone in his room, always holding something that reminded him of her, always avoiding his father.

It hit him harder, seeing as they both basically grew up together and he hasn't really had this happen to him before. He saw her everyday, either when he woke up, when she snuck out to see them, or when she picked him up from school the days she was meant to be at her own home school.