[33] Clock [33]

Angst in this chapter!

"Dream?" Y/N called, entering the room and swiftly looking around to check. Eyes focusing on the open window, going over and closing it. "Dream!" She called once more, looking at the bush outside very closely if she could see any movement. When detected there was no one there, she turned back to the door to leave.

"Dream!" Y/N called once more, thinking of where he might be. "Dr- Oh, Puffy do you know where Dream is?" She asked once Puffy walked in,

"Dream is in his office, I believe. Sending a letter or something." She answered, holding a cup of coffee. "I was just going to bring him this. I can pass on a message?" Puffy continued,

"Uh- yes please. That I'm going to my friend's house for a couple of hours to build. Just was going to let him know." Y/N said with a smile, it was a lie. Her heart picking up slightly from some movement down the corridor, before realising it was Karl.

She smiled at him and nodded. He beamed back.

"No problem, go have fun." said Puffy, looking behind her to see Karl now at the door. "Now, I need to bring this to him before it gets cold. I'll see you when you get back, yeah?" Y/N nodded as she left, following and stopping at the door.

Listening to her footsteps slowly getting quieter as she walked down the corridor. Head moving quicker at any sound to her left, seeing Karl waiting patiently.

"Are you ready?" He said patiently. She didn't respond at first, and he continued to wait as her eyes slowly went to his. It didn't help when the irritating voices in her head yelled at her to check anything to see if someone was there.

Karl smiled. Karl understood her since he put the voices there. She doesn't know how. But all she knew was that he did it. So he knows when they are talking. Now with the whines of a toddler in a tantrum, she wanted to do what they asked as quickly as possible.

"Um, yeah. Sorry." Y/N apologized anyway. Smiling at him now as she went right beside him, walking to the stairs he recently came from.

Normally- well before she knew about Tyler. Y/N wanted to walk by herself. Used to tell Karl every time that she has legs plus a sense of direction and can. But now, in the present. Y/N is always walking with Karl, or Dream or one of her friends. 

Now being so aware of everything. She noticed a clock hanging on the wall nearby the stairs. Reading off the time in her head, 1.10 pm. 

Maybe someone placed it there. Karl hurried.

"Are you coming?" Karl stood one step down on the staircase, Y/N turned to him and nodded. Following him to the library where he brought her to the future. She had Micheal and his fathers to keep her company while Karl went somewhere else.

She noticed only two petals remained on the Bittersweet as she walked past.

--

"Techno? Did something happen?" Dream stood in the hallway as the guard made his way to his office. Catching off guard by the sound of his name.

"Oh. Um, no. Just checking up on Y/N since we haven't seen her in 2 weeks." He told the truth. Straightening his posture.

Dream laughed awkwardly. "What do you mean, isn't she over there right now?" He took it as a joke. Why wouldn't he?

Dream knows Tommy from Y/N, and she expressed that he normally does pranks or jokes all the time. Maybe Techno was in on this one. Maybe he asked him to do it because it would be 'extra funny'.

The look that Techno gave him was pure confusion, knocking his thinking pattern away. But maybe he was just good at acting? Dream told himself.