[42] Axelle [42]

Y/N walked slowly down the corridor.

She had nothing to do today, and Dream still decided to ignore her every move until she told him what was wrong and why she didn't tell him where she was going and why she lied.

So she was alone.

Y/N didn't want to be seen by Techno, since she hates the way he looked at her. So she doesn't go to the snowy place for a while, just so things could calm down.

She did miss them though.

Karl was with his fiancé in Kinoko. Something about a date night to apologize for forgetting his name for the fifth time this week (it's Tuesday). They said it was in a karaoke bar somewhere in the mainlands.

Y/N doesn't want to bother them.

So she was alone in the castle until someone decides they need help from her specifically.

"Y/N-" Someone huffed behind her, making her turn in alarm and stopped walking.

Not alone anymore.

Quackity was running up to her, panting when he caught up. "I-" He took a breath, "-I was calling your name- for ages."

"Oh. I'm sorry, did you need anything?" She apologized. He regained his breath.

"Ages ago, I forgot. Princess Axelle from Orira wanted to meet you." He explained, a hand on his chest. He seemed well dressed for something, "Luckily she is coming to the dinner that the King has held in about-"

"Dinner?" She asked, confused. "I didn't know something was happening today," Quackity got more awkward.

"Well, um, since, uh- you and the King haven't been.." He tapered off, she filled the gap. 'talking' "He most likely forgot to inform you. My apologies, I should have."

"It's fine- when is it?" She asked, ready to attend. As stated above, she has nowhere to be and nothing to do, but Quackity just looked at her like she was joking.

"Are you sure, Princess?" He asked subtly, "I mean, everyone is going to be there- from every neighbouring kingdom. I am sure you don't- want to.." He seemed to be thinking of words, confusing her even more. ".. have another argument in front of them. The ones you have been having recently."

"Excuse me?" She looked offended. "I am more than capable of not arguing with someone-"

"That is not what I am saying, Princess." He showed his hands in surrender. She stopped talking, waiting for his explanation. "I am saying that your reputation is everything at the moment. I am sure you know that. With the word getting out and everyone- I just think it would be better if you skip this one. For your own sake."

"You are just confusing me more, Quackity. Am I invited or not?" She made it blunt.

"Yeah- yeah. Of course," Quackity spoke quickly, "You- I- You can come if you want. I'm not forcing or anything. You just have to realise there are loads of reporters coming, and they will ask questions. And I don't want you in that situation."

"I am fine. Can you tell.. the King. That I will be attending, thank you."

"Of course,"

--

Quackity wasn't lying. There were people with notepads and pens documenting the assembly of monarchs, talking to them and just writing all the time. It made her nervous as she sat next to Dream. Which is even more awkward than she thought.

They asked questions, Dream cowardly moved past them with other news. Like when they asked, "What exactly happened here- what was the famous argument about?" he would reply with the idea of expanding the marketplace in the town. Or when they said, "You and Princess Y/N aren't how you usually are. Can you tell us what happened?", Dream would go on about how they were opening the flower field to the public and keeping the wooden fence open at all times.