Chapter 2: New experience.

-Narration-
Max followed rylie to the front desk that's at the end of a long hallway which had a couple of doors leading to rooms that are just like the one he was living in. He hardly saw anyone else in the hallway though, and assumed that it must be too early for everyone else to be up. He looked up at a nearby clock as he walked. 8:47 am. It wasn't too early, but this also wasn't happening in the middle of the night! Once he views the chairs sitting in the corner of the reception desk however, he saw a koopa in a red polo shirt and blue short jeans who stood up when he saw him. It was bowser, who undertook a lot of effort to find this specific adoption home.

-Max pov-

Holy shit...and here i thought i was tall. This koopa had to be over 7ft tall! His shell is definitely different considering that it had sharp looking spikes on it, and the fact that he had horns and these spiked wristlets he had on made him especially unique! "Are you..the one who will, uh..adopt me?" I asked nervously. I am completely thrown off at just how tall he is, but i didn't hide the fact that while i'm clearly nervous, i was also excited. "Heh..we'll definitely see, kiddo." The koopa says with a grin. Yep..his deep voice definitely fits with his muscular and giant stature, but if anything...this may be the day that i get to leave this place!

-Bowser pov-

I could tell this kid is definitely more than he appeared to be. Sure, he looked human enough, and is definitely taller than any human i've seen in the koopa kingdom so far. But from what i understand...his own mother wanted him to be specifically brought here after she had some sort of mental breakdown. It was this kids' stepdad who gave me this information about him 6 months ago and i had the arduous task of finding this particular adoption home, which was far from easy and i had many long nights as a result and wondered why this one adoption hone out of many others that are around was so special...it hardly comes off as extravagant!

The adoption home employee gave me the paperwork who hummed a happy tune as she walked to the desk nearby where the kid was nearby and smiled knowing that he was right there and it took me a moment to sign it since i was definitely interested in what it contained. Hm..max, huh? What a...familiar name...he was 16 when he came here, which that in of itself struck me as unusual. Aside from that, he's emotionally hardened and has trouble expressing his emotions at times. Poor kid...he's been through so much within a span of over a year based on the drastic change in his life.

Why a teenager like max was sent to this place when he could have had a chance to live on his own is beyond me, but the least i can do is give him a home. And...what exactly is that crystal he has on his neck that he wears like a necklace? I've never seen that kind of crystal before. Perhaps i ought to investigate his past and let max be part of it someday? Hm..now wouldn't be the time to do so, though it is an idea that's worth considering. Within this very moment, i knew that my 8 kids would definitely be in for a surprise since neither of them know that i'm even here.

-Max pov-

While i watched this guy deal with my paperwork, i'm honestly a nervous ass wreck, though i apparently have been good in hiding my emotions after my first month here, considering that i apparently have a very convincing poker face going on, and yeah, i realize it's probably not the most healthy thing to do, but it's allowed me to stay out of trouble with others who were in the adoption home. Even though a few minutes went by, it sure as hell felt like hours! I held my crystal necklace in my hand for a moment. I had this feeling that somehow, this crystal was silently guiding me towards this koopa. I highly doubt he knew what this crystal was, and to be honest...neither do i, but i suppose it doesn't matter in this particular moment.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Fucking hell, is time itself crawling or at a damn standstill?! Hm...no use in gettin' impatient. Wouldn't wanna ruin my one possible chance outta here...i would definitely miss rylie though.