Chapter 49: Puzzling questions and a nightmare's beginning.

-Narration-

"Ugh..you ok? He didn't hurt you, right.?" Ludwig asks max while he looked as if he had just got rudely awoke from a slumber. "No, but there's a lot of things that were said that everyone needs to know." Max says in a serious tone. "Wait..what did kooky say?" Ludwig asked while max turned to walk out if ludwig's room. "Let's just say, that he's more than what you think he is." Max says, before looking back at the grand piano for a moment before heading back downstairs.

-Max pov-

I don't know what has gotten into me, but i'm actually proud of myself for keeping my cool! As for that piano ludwig has...i find myself wanting to play it, but not because i wanna show off, but because of a gut feeling that makes me believe i am forgetting something important, and playing that one song without a name that i know of would help me remember. However, i don't think now would be the right time to play it. Hopefully sometime soon i'll be able to.

-Ludwig pov-

There he goes again...staring at my piano...why? More importantly, what the hell did kooky say to him that has made max say that kooky is more than than what i think he is?! And the fact that he doesn't have a mark on him...that is rare to see!

-Narration-

Max walks down the stairs where bowser is waiting at the bottom, looking incredibly worried. "Hey. You ok?" Bowser asked. "We..have a LOT to talk about." Max simply told him which bowser had a confused look on his face while mike also walked up. "What's up? We heard yelling up there!" Mike quickly said while max walked to the living room and sat down while the koopalings and kamek all sat looking nervously at max who sat and said nothing for a full minute.

"The yelling y'all heard was kooky after he pulled a knife on me and held it close to my face. I also know that he is very angry with pico." Max said to everyone after sighing. "He WHAT?!" Roy quickly yelled. "B-but..you don't have a cut on you!" Lemmy says, seeing that max indeed had no indication of a mark on max while everyone else looked at max in disbelief. Meanwhile, ludwig took a moment to recover before heading back downstairs while bowser had a look of surprised confusion.

-Ludwig pov-

Everytime kooky comes out, i apparently black out. But each time i come to, it feels like i've awoken from a poor night's sleep and unaware of what has happened. For a long time, i thought it was normal since kooky is my alter ego. But now? I find myself highly doubting that and wondering just what kooky said to max!

-Bowser pov-

The fact that kooky pulled a knife on max is something that doesn't surprise me. Roy knows that better than anyone considering that kooky once tried to stab roy...in the face. Knowing roy, he probably picked a fight with kooky and it didn't end well for him. I don't understand why kooky is always so violent, yet never lays a finger on any woman or surprisingly, anyone who is elderly. I guess that shows that he has some restraint...

What surprises me, is that max is acting so calm about it. And what does this pico guy have to do with it?!

-Roy pov-

Why is max so calm about the fact that kooky pulled a kinfe on him?! The only reason kooky did that, is because i thought he was just a weakling. Someone to push around. I'm known as a bully after all! Boy, was i wrong when it came to kooky! I'm lucky he didn't stab me in the eye...it became the most embarrassingly emotional event for me that i will never truly forget!

I -hate- looking like an emotional weakling in front of others...especially in front of dad!

-Narration-

"Why is kooky..." Mike began to say, before remembering what he saw in the video. "No way...did he.." He says again, this time in disbelief just as ludwig had just come downstairs and walked to the living room. "Kooky is not just some alter ego. He's actually from the ancient past, which makes him a sprit." Max explained. "WHAT?!" Everyone else yells in disbelief and total shock. Expect for mike, who has seen this a few times before, but never to this extent.