Chapter 91: Unspoken guidance and mike's phone call.

-Narration-

Max slowly stood up. Though he looked like a pale shadow of who he was, the look on his face was as if something, or someone, was calling out to him and mike quickly noticed this. "What is it?" He asked but got no answer. "Max..?" Mike watched him slowly walk to a nearby window, seeing only the vast ocean and delfino island beginning to fade away as it slowly became distant even though smoke can be seen from the aftermath of zöhm's twisted version of carnevil. No doubt that a large chunk of coconut mall had been destroyed and out of pure luck, not a living soul was in the mall aside from max, mike and marx. Or perhaps it was zöhm's intention to deal with max personally without any distractions from others?

At that moment, max felt as if an invisible force was guiding him towards a distant land mass and he couldn't simply ignore it. "Hey, byron! Are there any other islands nearby?" Max asked the pilot via intercom. He had met the pilot after his second mission and found that byron is a somewhat burly looking koopa who was known as a ace pilot who once piloted bowser's airship. He looked intimidating for a koopa that's 5'9 and not the most friendly towards most since he was always serious. However, byron soften up towards max enough to at least be briefly cordial. "There's no island around, but there is the seaside kimgdom that's about thirty minutes to the west by air." Byron answers with a grunt.

"Head over there." Max answers in a serious tone that made mike worry. Byron on the other hand, wasn't as worried and knew that max didn't waste time when he was serious. "Yes sir." He answers, as he steers the helicopter towards where max felt the invisible force guide him. "Ok, um...what's going on?" Mike asked max, knowing that something was definitely up. "There's something near the coastal kingdom...it's as if something is guiding me there..." Max answers. "Ohhh...how interesting." Marx says curiously and in a way that made it seem as if he knew something.

-Mike pov-

This is...strange even for max. I would think that he senses an aura, but...there's no aura worth noticing since it's just ocean in every direction...

-Marx pov-

This feeling...it's almost as if...i'm being guided...but it's nothing like the ancestral plane...this feeling...it's as if there's a familiarity to it.

-Marx pov-

Ahh..so it's happening! I always wondered when this would take place. As long as it doesn't have to do with...what happened back there...i can't simply explain as to why i experienced such an extreme amount of fear...i just need to work on my exquisite surprise before the inevitable likely happens; whatever that may be...

-Narration/thirty minutes later-

For thirty minutes, there was nothing but tension and the muffled whirling blade of the helicopter. The color in max's face had begun to return, but the look in his eyes remained the same. "Max...you need to.." mike started to say, wanting him to open up knowing that he's deeply scarred by not just what zöhm did to him, but by the note he kept and god knows what else. "Now ain't the time..." Max answers while a part of the shore of seaside kingdom can be seen.