Chapter 31: Uncanny likeness, roy's emotional turmoil and familiar eyes.

-Ten minutes earlier/narration-

The koopalings and junior all made their way to room 237, and it is roy who became noticeably perturbed the moment they all stand before the door, during which they could here the tv on. "Hey, you ok?" Morton asked. "I'm fine." Roy snaps. "You certainly are not. We all know that you are about to see max in his true form, and you aren't the only who is about to have their life turned upside down." Ludwig says with a sneer. "Geez, relax ludwig. It's not like roy asked for this!" Wendy says with glare, which ludwig scoffs at. "Guys, bickering about this isn't gonna help, so shut the hell up!" Junior remarked irritably. "So..who goes first?" Larry asked. "I don't know..." Iggy answers. It was clear to each of them that they haven't thought that far ahead. "Rrrgh! I'LL go in first! Idiots.." Junior says impatiently just when lemmy was about to say something.

-Junior pov-

God, why is it whenever everyone else can't decide on something, I'M the one who decides for them?! At least the door is partially opened! "Hey! Uh..max?" I say, as i hear cartoons playing on the tv. Seriously? Lemmy watches the same thing! And..so do i, but i'm not about to admit that to anybody! "Junior? Um..hey. Are you uh..ready for this?" He asks me. I wasn't even fully inside, and i could tell...his voice got a little bit deeper. "Dude, we know. We were told that you look like roy!" I tell him.

"Oh..well..that'n is a definite fact. Well..sort of, since i don't have the same colors as roy." Max responded. Ugh, i didn't notice before, but now? Shit, he sounds like he's got a county accent. How the HELL am i just noticing that?! "Let me see! No way you.." I began to say, going in while the others look on in curiosity, and my eyes were definitely not deceiving me!

Obviously he still had his hair, but his body looked so different...and just looking at his face...ok, his head is definitely not pink, and his eyes are light green. "Holy shit...you really do look like roy!" I utter in disbelief. Everyone else needs to see this! Roy too, but i have no idea how he's gonna react.

-Max pov-

Phew..junior ain't hollering at me... "i'm just as surprised as you are..." I responded to him. "GUYS! Get in here! Aside from a couple of differences, he actually does look like roy!" Junior yells out to what i know for a fact is the others. Oh hell, oh hell..here it comes..the moment of truth.

"You can't be...serious. Oh.." I heard Ludwig say who looked at me like i had just grown a second head while everyone else came in. "Stand aside! I gotta see this..." I hear roy say who practically muscled his way in front to look at me.  Everyone was staring at me in amazement. The tension was just incredible until lemmy uses his ball to roll in between me and roy. "Wow, you two really are twins!" Lemmy said with a giggle. "Wow. Dad wasn't kidding..." Wendy says. "Roy, you gonna say something to him?" Morton asked, seeing that roy stood there with his mouth agape.

"So..we're twins..." I could tell from even his aura, that he was definitely emotional. "Right. This is just nuts. We clearly have the same mother, yet she kept you?" Roy says to me. Oh boy..he's not taking it well.  "I have just as many questions as you do. " I tell him. "Right..." He says, sniffling. "Hey, roy...just relax..." Morton tells him. "I get that you didn't ask for this, it's just...god, this is just too much." Roy says to me, who sat down on the nearby chair. "Roy.." Iggy had a worried tone in his voice. Clearly, no one has ever see roy act like that before. Not even me!

-Iggy pov-

It's unlike roy to get upset like this. I can tell that max is just as upset which makes this harder to watch. I still can't believe what i'm seeing though!

-Wendy pov-

The fact that roy is getting emotional about it is just..different. Like, why would his mother give him up for adoption? At least these two are reunited.

-Morton pov-

Roy isn't one to show this kind of emotion. I've seen him angry before, but never upset! At least roy isn't raging at max, which i can at least see is a good thing.

-Larry pov-

Holy hell, people are gonna go freaking nuts when they take one look at max. I feel bad for roy though...seeing him like this is definitely something i never thought i would see before.

-Lemmy pov-

I never thought i would see roy get upset...max is just as upset as roy is. Aw, i hate seeing this! I wish i knew what to do to cheer roy up...

-Ludwig pov-

The fact that max looks like roy is astounding! But i do feel bad for roy...seeing him upset is a rare thing. At least he's not wanting to rage at max...stars know that max didn't ask for this. Whatever happened in the past, it's incredibly obvious that it's definitely a complicated puzzle to put together.

-Junior pov-

Wow..i actually feel bad for roy. It seems like his life just got turned upside down, but that doesn't mean that he's alone in this situation. I also feel just as bad for max. To live a life not knowing that you have a brother, only to find out that you do have a brother, must be tough and confusing.

-Roy pov-

I feel..actually i don't know what to feel. Seventeen years of my life were spent not knowing about my mother, my actual dad, and now my twin brother. It's..it's going to take a long while for me to used to this. I would be angry at max if he was actually trying to copy my look, but what good is that gonna do me? There's just one idea i have that will make this be more official to me, but i risk everyone seeing my eyes.... "There's one thing i wanna see." I say to max. "What would that be?" He asked me. "Put my shades on. I wanna see just how much you look like me with them on." I quickly say, which shocked everyone, and surprised max.

"Woah, roy! You can't be serious! I thought you wanted no one to touch them...why does he get to wear them?" Morton asked me. "This is different! I just..wanna see. And no one but max can look at my eyes!" I explained, before demanding that no one else but max see my eyes. "Aw, fine." Larry says, while he and everyone else turned their gaze away from me, but looked at max as i gave him my shades. This was just validation for me...but..why is max looking at me like that?

-Max pov-

As i held roy's hot pink shades, i saw Roy's eyes for the first time. Magenta eyes...that immediately made me remember...no way...i looked at him in amazement at first before i realized that roy saw that i was staring at him. Shit, better out these on! Once i put them on, it kinda felt nice to wear them even though pink isn't exactly my color of choice. "HOLY SHIT! He actually looks like roy with shades on!" Iggy commented. "Uncanny to say the least." Ludwig mutters, who saw just how much he looked like roy with his shades on. "Awesome! Now you just gotta get some of your own!" Lemmy says with a smile.

"O-ok, give 'em back..." Roy says to me, which i did. "Why did you look at me like that?" Roy asked me in a annoyed tone after he puts them back on. Guess i can't hold back on this...

"W-well...because you have mom's eyes." I answered, making roy become flustered, and everyone else looking at me strangely. "W-wait, what? How's that possible?!" Junior wondered. "What color of eyes does he have?" Larry asked. "J-just shut up!" Roy said angrily to larry, who chuckles in response.

-Roy pov-

I..have mom's eyes? She has the same eye color?! I..didn't know that. That..strangely makes me feel better. Heh..max really does look like me with shades on...i just can't help but wonder how bad that scar of his is though, since no one else bothered to notice the bandages. In fact, no one here but me saw him appear out of nowhere after I saw that flash of light.

I should be demanding how he did that, but..eh...i'll let it go...for now...

-Narration-

Max felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders. He was thankful to see that roy didn't go off on him, but he was unaware that rylie was also in the hospital wanting to see him. He could use his aura to sense anyone in the building, but one, he saw that as too invasive, and two, he was more concerned with what he would see under the bandages. That, and he's yet to see his feet and wondered what happened to his shoes, even though he knew that he will no longer need to wear shoes. That is something that max will definitely need to get used to.