Chapter 55: Bowser's airship and surprising information.

-Narration-

"Jesus, the airship is huge..." Max says in astonishment as the gyrocoptor gradually slows down and starts to land in the middle of it. "No kidding...i've only seen it from afar! " Mike comments who is just as astonished. Bowser's airship looked like any pirate ship sailing on the sea, except it's as big and wide as a football field, and it had a massive carpet that looked as if it had just been placed there recently. If that wasn't enough, max saw that there's a few dozen of bowser's army marching in formation. "Bowser doesn't mess around..." Jasper mutters, who is in complete awe of what he's seeing. "You should see his castle." Mike comments in response to jasper.

-Max pov-

Holy shit, dad goes all out! Then again..i guess being a king is a way of saying 'I can do whatever the fuck i want!' But..as i take a closer look...i see being that aren't koopas. Small little guys with different colored robes and..masks? Not just them, but.. "Huh...so the little guys in different colored robes...and brown walking mushrooms...who are they..?" I asked, showing genuine curiosity as i looked at mike. But when i looked at jasper...he looked at me like i was crazy.

Feh..has my curiosity got the better of me..?

-Narration-

"You..you've never..?" Jasper started to ask, dumbfounded by max's question. "Didn't i just tell you that i have never seen what the outside world looked like? The same can be said in terms of seeing other species aside from koopas, humans, and pokemon." Max snaps back at jasper in sudden and surprising annoyance while referring to the interview that will be revealed later which made Jasper flinch a bit in surprise. "Alright, alright..relax max. What you see are shy guys and goombas. They make up some of the big guys' army. And jasper? We'll let that slide considering that you didn't know." Mike says, quickly defusing a possibly heated moment while marx looked surprised. "Oh..well, how come i ain't never seen any of them around?" Max asked. 

"Goombas can be seen in many kingdoms, though they have been seldom seen in the koopa kingdom. Shy guys on the other hand...they are just starting to show up in the koopa kingdom. They all wear a mask and refuses to let anyone see what's behind it." Mike explains. "Has uh..anyone seen them without a mask?" Max asked. "Nope. No one knows what they look like without them as fas as i know. I guess they value their privacy and i respect that." Mike answers as the gyrocoptor landed.

-Jasper pov-

Oh..oh stars i'm glad they'll let my transgression slide. I should've realized that it also meant he's never seen anyone else outside of koopa village.

-Mike pov-

Holy shit..never seen max snap back at anyone like that before. I'm just glad that i was able to quickly diffuse a potentially intense moment. I can't blame max for having all these questions though...

-Max pov-

Woah, why did i snap at jasper like that..? Hm..i remember kamek talking about heightened emotions being a side effect. Looks like he's right.

-Narration-

"It was an honor to hear your interview." Says the pilot, who had been quiet up until now. "I'm just glad it's dealt with. Say, uh..if you don't mind me asking...what sort of kingdom did this gyrocoptor come from?" Max asked the pilot. "Ah, it came from the metro kingdom. Its been said that the kingdom is the first one ever built, but no one has ever found out who, or what built it. What i can say, is that the city itself is technologically advanced to the point that many say it's as if you're living in the year 3000." the pilot explained. "I should know. I lived there for most of my life." Jasper chimed in, much to max and mike's surprise.

-Max pov-

Holy shit...now that's a kingdom that i would love to visit! An yet..i can't help but wonder who, or what built such a kingdom. Surely its history isn't wholly enshrouded in total mystery, and if it is, then uncovering it would be rather exciting, and probably dangerous. The latter is something to be expected, especially since the magishadow may or may not be lurking in the shadows.

-Mike pov-

I had no idea such a kingdom ever existed...in fact..it reminded me of my dad wanting to make sure we don't go to any highly populated area and never stayed for too long without giving any reason why. I never understood what his reasoning was for having me and my mom tag along with him...i just hope to one day find out why.

-Jasper pov-

I've lived in that kingdom for at least 30 years of my life, and it never ceased to amaze me. I still to this day haven't found out anything that signifies any kind of information leading to how long the metro kingdom has been around not have i found any information about the von ghoul family. I can't help but think it was purposely covered up by someone or something that wanted it to stay buried.

-Narration-

The moment max exits the copter is the moment he hears some chatter from the koopa army. "That's max...holy shit, they weren't kidding about him being tall." He hears a goomba say nervously. "Never imagined that a pikachu would be on lord bowser's airship...but are you just gonna forget the fact that he looks like roy?" A shy guy next to them says in response. "Shut up! Lord bowser is approaching!" A koopa behind him hissed after seeing bowser's clown copter, and the copter of the koopalings as well as junior's copter.

However, as the gyrocopter flys back to the koopa kingdom, max and mike could hear singing coming from the copters of the koopalings, and the look of displeasure on bowser's face as he starts to land, showed max and mike that not only has this particular singing happened before, but this would be something that they would experience for the very first time and forgetting about would be highly unlikely.