Chapter 81: Nate's letters and gifts and the starlight crystal's purpose.

This a heads up for those who read this. This chapter
contains dark descriptions in letter form. Reader description is advised.

————————-

-Max pov-

I couldn't help but wonder why zöhm was even here...how did he know i would come here?! At that moment i remembered that nate said that he would antagonize the magishadow, but i never expected that would include zöhm, or that he would do so that quickly! "Nate, you crazy idiot.." I muttered while the breathing part of mask slowly went back to normal, which is weird since i highly doubt darth vader's did that too. The memories began flooding back into my mind as i sat there for a few minutes...the hours i would spend in here alone, waiting and hoping that i would get adopted at the time...i never enjoyed being here...especially during the holidays. On the morning i got adopted, i would've done the same exact thing too.

I'm glad that never happened and i am so glad to be part of a family that i had no idea would be so..i don't know..influential? Some of the memories were good and some...were bad. I never did get bullied by some asshole while i was here assuming if there were any, but most never wanted to go near me. Was it really because i was the tallest 'human' they've ever seen? Or..was it something else?

Before i could go any deeper into my own thoughts, i knew that i needed to go back to my old room and slowly got up, grunting in pain since the the pain of my scar burning was still very present. I'm just thankful that it didn't spread to my entire body!

-Narration-

Max walks over to the front desk, expecting to find something and aside from a empty desk and a old computer from the early 1990's, he would have thought nothing of it, but found that it was still working and upon turning it on, it immediately shows a note that had been typed on it. He reads what is on the computer screen, hoping that would give some sort of clue as to who wrote it.

"To whoever finds this:

The bridge of hope was a von ghoul facility designed to help kids who were brought here to find permanent homes, or help them prepare for the outside world should they get to a certain age. Once the parent or parents sign the documents, they officially adopt them without any strings attached. In its prime, most kids got adopted weeks, or even months after they arrived and the kids who got adopted would always send letters or even call thanking the facility for looking after them. The von ghoul family truly loved kids and made sure they would all be treated fairly.

However, things took a turn in the mid 2000's. It's been said that this place shut down due to funding that allows this place to stay running, but that's just a cover. In reality, it's because of zöhm began to send his followers who looked like any normal person in order to adopt kids and have them join him and it's highly likely that he poisoned their minds to the point that thinking for themselves would be almost impossible. Most were never seen or heard from again and the bridge of hope quickly lost its popularity. Would you believe me if i were to say that this place has been around for over two hundred and fifty thousands years, but the public thought it's been around since the early 1700's? I didn't believe it either until i did some deep research on this place. This place was truly ahead of its time....

No one really knows why zöhm decided to adopt kids, though it's long since been theorized that something horrible happened that causes him to hide whatever he did in the past by giving kids a home with him. It's rumored that he's obsessed with creating the perfect image in order to hide something truly abhorrent while also desiring to become the most powerful being, and no one has ever found out why.

Signed:

Nate bennett."

Max couldn't believe what had been typed down. It's been here for that long?! He look for a printer and sure enough, he finds one that is still operational despite it being dusty and old and after find out out how to print out a copy of it, he make sure to fold it up neatly in his left pocket.