Chapter 70: Kooky's surprise and rememberance of the past.

-Narration-

It didn't take long for max to walk to the door that is exiting the old family room with marx sitting on his shoulder. He turns around to see the dollhouse and the barn that is now in the distance and silently nods. He wasn't sure why he was being shown these visions of the past, but he couldn't help but wonder...what about this dark bowser guy? Why did he feel the need to..see him again? Before he could wonder why, he walks back into the second floor corridor of bowser's castle and slowly closes the door knowing that the ancestral plane will no longer be behind the door.

"About time you came back..." Max heard ludwig say while he also saw some of the koopalings nearby. "I guess i don't need to tell you where i was, but..things happened that need explaining, and it involves kooky again." Max says to him which made ludwig raise an eyebrow. "Again?" Ludwig asked. "This time it's for a different reason." Max answers. "Hm..then let's let dad know." Ludwig said before he walks with max towards the stairs. He could tell that something was definitely different about this visit.

"Hey, he's back!" Lemmy quickly says. "Jeez, about TIME.." Morton says in a obnoxiously impatient way. "So..you didn't see that candymaker thing did you?" Larry asked. "No, not this time." Max answers though he wasn't entirely sure if candymaker would show up or not. "Phew..that's good.." Says a reassured larry. "What, you scared?" Roy asks him while giving him a light shove while grinning. "I DIDN'T SAY THAT!!!" Larry protested defensively. "Suuure." Roy says with a chuckle.

-Lemmy pov-

He says he's not scared, but..i wouldn't blame larry. I'd hate to encounter them...

-Roy pov-

Ha, he's definitely scared! Larry talks big, yet watching him blubbering hysterically after that incident back home will always show me that he's a scaredy-cat! Well, maybe not as much as luigi...that guy is a pushover, but..would max think the same way if he were to see him? Heh..i can only imagine how he would react to see max towering over him.

-Larry pov-

If only roy could've been there when i unleashed my strongest attack and witnessed it being reduced to nothing...he would definitely understand...that doesn't mean i'm scared though! I just..uh..need to work up the nerve to face that thing again.

-Marx pov-

I think it's obvious that larry has been affected by dear 'ol candymaker. Maybe not in the same way as max, but in a way that makes it obvious that his fear has arisen in a way that is noticeable. Hmm..i wonder if he can overcome that if another encounter with candymaker happens again?

-Ludwig pov-

I figured something was amiss when i heard wind of all things inside of dad's castle and it was indeed confirmed when i saw those guards and i had them tell me what was going on. I sent them on their way saying i would take it from there knowing that it would be awhile. I thank the stars knowing that this didn't become like the last time this happened. "By the way...what's junior's problem? He's been acting strange." I ask max. Junior may be an annoying bratty kid, but that doesn't mean i'm entirely indifferent towards him.

"He overheard our conversation in the throne room." Max says to me before i saw him glance at roy who is snickering at larry while lemmy is using his ball to bounce Rowan the stairs. "Dad knows who my actual father is, but considering that he never told roy about him his whole life, i think it makes things complicated. I'll uh..i'll explain later." Max adds with a sigh. Wait..dad KNOWS?! Well now, this is certainly a big deal! In fact, even kooky is curious about it. Even more so when it comes to max's second trip in that ancestral plane realm.

-Narration-

It didn't take long for them to reach the throne room door where bowser is already waiting for them albeit rather impatiently as well as mike, tyson and kamek "Finally! Anything new?" Mike asks. "Yeah..um..i learned a great deal both in and out of the dollhouse." Max answers. There was much to tell, but finding a way to shorten the explanation would likely be difficult.