Chapter 94: King boo's true form, max's raw emotional speech and admittance.

-Narration-

"Young fool...you cannot kill what is already dead...but if you insist on attempting to derail the inevitable, then i shall have no choice but to kill you myself." King boo says to max in quite possibly the most creepy yet chilling way possible. Mike wanted to try to intervene as he had his hand on his sheathed katana, but Baron gently put his hand on mike's shoulder. Only three inches set them apart in terms of height as mike looked up at baron who simply shook his head in disapproval. "This is something max must do on his own." Baron simply told him which mike grunted angrily.

"And let max die before the koopa king gets here?!" Mike asked, making it clear that he wasn't going to simply let it be. "Die? None shall perish here...enough death has befallen this place. I believe you should make sure our guest arrive here without them causing too much trouble." Baron instructed while mike looked at max and king boo just as the king of boos started to float around max. "Ugh..arceus, help me..fine.." Mike muttered before heading outside while bowser's airship gradually became noticeable in the clear sunny sky.

"It has been a long time since i've had to come back to this form..." King boo says with a sad smile on his face while a magenta cloud suddenly envelops him as it glowed rather ominously. Most, if not all the boos present were in awe of what king boo had turned into considering that they have never seen him in this form as the ominously glowing smoke had faded. What stood before max as he had been caught completely off guard was that of a ghostly human that wore white as his eyes glowed ominously and wore purple gloves. He had on a purple cape as he stood just an inch higher than max as his crown looked almost identical as his short white hair had hardly moved an inch as purple flames can be seen sporadically appearing around king boo.

// Credit goes to the one who drew this.

"What are you..?" Max wondered as purple flames appeared in king boo's hand as it slowly formed into that of a royal sword with a diamond encrusted hilt as the boo were in complete awe of this transformation. "I shall be one who will ensure that nate will have a family to be with after his death. You cannot stop the inevitable..." He says ominously before attacking max first. To max's surprise, his starlight blade didn't destroy king boo's blade. If anything, it had a ominously ghostly aura around it that prevented it from being destroyed. "I can damn well try!" Max growled as he and king boo both attacked each other.

Max's attacks weren't like before when he faced mike all those months ago before things went too far south. If anything, his attacks were swift and powerful. Yet, his emotions caused him to leave himself open to attack, which king boo quickly noticed while his attacks were elegant and precise. "Ah..you aren't fighting me it seems, despite your valiant efforts. You're actually fighting yourself, and clearly, you're losing." King boo says calmly as max grunts with anger as tries to swipe at him, only for king boo to dodge with ease. "Give up. Your emotions disqualifies you from being committed." King boo says. It almost sounded like he was pleading for max to stop who wasn't having it. "I DON'T GIVE UP! I NEVER GIVE UP!!" Max yells as he attempts to stab him, and misses when king boo simply sidesteps out of the way.

"Really? That's hardly what it looks like!" King boo answered as his forcefully shoved max backward as he grunted in pain. "You've been running from your own family, haven't you?" King boo asked which triggered max. "NO!" Max yelled as he tried to attack again, only for king boo to grab his arm before he even raises his starlight saber. "But that's what it looks like, isn't it? By refusing to let them help, you ultimately isolated yourself!" King boo says in a way that was taunting max who breaks free of king boo's grasp.

"THAT'S A LIE!!" Max angrily yells who can no longer hide his anger, his grief and guilt. "THEN WHAT'S THE TRUTH?!" King boo demands as they lock blades as baron stood there and watched, seeing a change in max that is no longer hidden. What he and king boo weren't aware of however, was that bowser, mike, kamek, and all of the koopalings and even tyson had just arrived once they heard max yell the first time, and all of them were in shock of who was facing max, and were about to horrified by what will happen next.

"The truth..is...i didn't want them to experience the horror and heartache i witnessed! I was trying to save everyone!" Max answered as king boo looked at max blankly at first before looking surprised as max suddenly attacked. "MY MOTHER! FOR NATE! MY FAMILY! EVERYTHING I DID, WAS TO SAVE THEM FROM FEELING THIS PAIN AND FROM EXPERIENCING THE HORRORS THAT I ALONE WITNESSED!!" Max's attacked are more focused now as king boo was being pushed back. "From my first mission to the mission at yoshi's island..i've seen things..horrible THINGS that the magishadow did while witnessing just how hatful and bigoted people can be, yet i took the time to take in the scenery everywhere i went, and the views were amazing!

Hah. the magishadow used the ignorance and fear of others to amass a huge following...I UNKNOWINGLY MADE THE MAGISHADOW RISE TO POWER!!" Max suddenly yelled as his saber clanged violently with king boo's sword who grunted in surprise. "The letter i kept was bad enough, and when it came the yoshi's island, i realized that everything i did...EVERYTHING..had been for nothing! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE I HAD TO KILL AFTER THEY WERE INJECTED WITH WHATEVER IT WAS THAT TURNED THEM INTO FLESH EATING ZOMBIES?!?! HUH?!?" Max kicked king boo hard enough to send him flying as he slammed into a nearby wall and fell on one knee.

"But that's not all! No, no no no..candymaker just HAD TO APPEAR TWO SEPARATE TIMES AND I DID EVERYTHING I COULD TO BEAT THEM BUT THEY JUST WOULDN'T STAY DOWN!!" Max had tears falling from his face as he looked pale and dead, the same as he did when mike told him to take his mask off, which horrified almost everyone present. "And...who i encountered at yoshi's island...IT DEFINITELY WASN'T ZÖHM, THAT'S FOR DAMN SURE!! AND WHEN I LOOKED AROUND TO SEE IF ANYONE COULD HELP BY THAT TIME..." Max stood over king boo with his starlight saber ready to impale him who genuinely looked horrified. "...No one was around...i realized too late...that i was alone...all alone..." The absolute despair and sadness in his voice as he lowered his saber away from king boo was undeniably profound even as he shuts his starlight saber off.

"I fucked up. I fucked up just as horribly all those years ago..." The moment max said that, was the moment that Baron saw a split second of pico in place of max, and had to look away as if to show that he couldn't bear to look at max. "Everyone was counting on me then since i was the one to help them trust...t-trust xaczxar..." Max began breaking down into sobs at this point as he stumbled away from king boo and fell to his knees as the boos all looked forlorn and slowly float towards max almost in unison. "I..i can't do it...i can't do this anymore..not alone...what am i going to tell roy about mom...? H-how am i supposed to save xaczxar?" At this point, all the boos had surrounded him in a comforting manner. No one had ever seen the boos do this before, and as for king boo, he slowly stood up and walked towards max who is inconsolable and placed a hand on his shoulders.

"That will come sooner than you realize." He says to him, as max turns to see the faces of the koopalings, bowser, kamek, mike and even tyson who wasn't easily seen. All of them looked deeply horrified at the way max looked which slowly turned into sadness as they all realized just how horribly max was suffering. At that moment, it felt as if max had awakened something within him that felt as if it's been lost or locked away within him all this time. And now that it had been awakened and found...the future itself seemed to have become...brighter.