Chapter 18: Updating mike on what's going on and a clever idea.

-Narration-

After he sheathed his sword, It took mike a few minutes to walk to bowser's home, where roy was waiting for him. "What happened?" Mike asked, who saw that roy looked very upset. Which was definitely something that he's never seen before. "Max. He uh..i don't know what the fuck i witnessed." Roy was trying his best to keep it together, which mike noted. "Just relax, roy. Let's just head over to his room." Mike says to him as he did his best to comfort him through his words since he had no idea how to really react.

-Mike pov-

The fact that roy is trying to act tough but failing kinda reminds me of max. Then again, trying to keep it together when something happens to a family member is far from easy....i follow roy to max's room where everyone was, and the tension instantly became noticeable to me. "Ok, i'm here...can someone please tell me what the hell is going on? First, it looked like it was going to come up a fierce storm, and now i'm hearing that something happened with max?" I wondered, which bowser and kamek both looked at mike. "That's...wow.." kamek said in surprise. "Why is that relevant..?" Max asked, and judging by his aura, he was clearly surprised, but why?

"Lemmy? Can you..stay with max to at least give him some company? We'll be downstairs." Bowser asked him. "Sure!" He said with jovial smile as i, the big guy as i usually call him, and everyone else goes downstairs. Whatever this is...it must be serious!

-Max pov-

"It must be pretty serious if everyone's going downstairs and wants you stay here to keep me company. " I mutter. "I don't mind that! Besides...i can't help but wonder who your twin brother is and why he was sent to the same adoption home you were in." Lemmy replies. "Yeah..i can't help but wonder too...unraveling my mom's secrets is clearly not going to be easy, especially when i'm actually struggling with the concept of whether or not i'm more than human." I say to him. It was definitely becoming more apparent that the pressure was on me now, but..i just didn't understand what acceptance had to do with it. "Maybe you'll figure it out soon?" Lemmy suggested. "Heh..maybe. Hey, uh..we should watch cartoons to brighten the mood!" I say to him.

"Yay! That's better than worrying!" Lemmy says with giggle as i get my clicker that i always put on my nightstand and turn the tv and turn it to cartoon network. I have never stopped watching cartoons even though i'm almost 18 and i don't plan on stopping. Hell, i could be a old man and still watch cartoons! Besides, you're never too old to enjoy what you love doing.

-Lemmy pov-

The fact that i was teased by ludwig and sometimes roy for watching cartoons sucks...the fact that max watches them? I love that! But i can't help but wonder who could possibly be his twin brother? I don't know of any human in dad's kingdom who looks like max...

-Narration-

A few minutes later, mike, bowser, kamek, and the rest of the koopalings were all sitting at the couch. No one saying a word. It was an incredibly tense moment that some of the koopalings were confused about as well as junior. The rest because of what they saw, and kamek processing it all, and mike is just sitting there, wondering what the hell is going on.

"Ok, can someone PLEASE tell me what's going on?" Mike asked, who couldn't take the silence of no one explaining anything to him. "Max is...not human." Kamek finally said which caught everyone but bowser off guard. "What...? Hold up, is this because of that form we saw him in?!" Roy asked, who was in the room when max said that he believes that he's got a twin brother. "Yes. Dark fury is what it's called. A form that has cursed most of koopa royalty for over 1,200 years. All because of my great great great great grandfather who angered cats of all things that lived at some lake." Bowser explained. "Seeing dark fury once again has...opened a traumatic experience from my past that i closed off for many years." Bowser added, looking down as if he's ashamed that he's admitted it.