Chapter 48: Max's brief trip down memory lane and the intense encounter.

-Narration-

For max, the stairs leading to the second floor suddenly felt as if it took an eternity that brought with it a strong sense of tension. Once they reach ludwig's door to his room, ludwig looks up at max with look that is both serious and worried. "I don't know why kooky will do, nor do i know why he wants to talk with you.." He says to max. "Why haven't you told me about him before?" Max asked, staring down at ludwig. "Because i didn't think it was necessary. Then again...you would have probably encountered him anyway." Ludwig said with a sigh.

-Max pov-

Well. This is uh..different. I had no idea about this alter ego thing, though i can't help but wonder if there's more to it that that.

-Ludwig-

This is it...i have no clue what will happen, but i just hope kooky doesn't try to hurt him... "Come on..let's go." I say in a agitated way, trying to hold kooky back considering that he's wing incredibly important. Odd, i don't recall him being impatient before. I open the door into my room and allow max to come in. The fact that i'm letting max in my room is a rarity at best.

The only times i had a siblings come into my room were moments when larry decided to play MY piano...off key. Or the time when he tried to steal my wallet. Annoying imbecile...

He just LOVES to piss me off at times, yet i worry about him after he broke down the way he did...who can blame him after encountering that candymaker creature?

-Max pov-

The moment i entered ludwig's room is the moment i felt as if i had just time traveled to the 18th century. Holy shit, his room is NOTHING like i thought it was. Somehow..i expected his room to be classical music themed  with wallpaper that has musical notes on it which sounds so weird. He definitely has a grand piano which looks so pristine!

In fact...it looks...so similar to the one in the living room of my childhood home...wait. I just remembered..i can that one song mom taught me! I-

"You ready?" Ludwig asks me, which immediately slapped me back to reality considering what's about to happen. "Yeah. I'm ready." I answered unsure of what would happen, yet I had this feeling...a feeling that the moment i find a way to play the one song my mom taught me to play, is the moment that i feel that it will tear down the walls that shelter a heart that isn't mine.

-Ludwig pov-

I saw how max eyed my piano thanks to me seeing his gaze as he looked to his right side...i would be questioning it if it weren't for kooky. "Take a seat." I quickly tell max, watching him sit on my chair that is in front of my piano. "Kooky. He's ready to meet you." I say, before taking a deep sigh. " About time..." I hear kooky say. All i can do now, is hope it doesn't end badly.

-Narration-

While max sat down, he watched ludwig's hair suddenly become messy even though his body hadn't changed. What did change however, is the expression on his face. One that looked almost manic yet gentlemanly which is an incredibly strange combination. "Hello, max." Says kooky, who to max, it sounded like a strange combination...almost as if max could assume that the manic part wasn't always with kooky...

"Woah...so you're kooky. When i was told you're ludwig's alter ego, they weren't kidding..." Max says while kooky walked to ludwig's mahogany dresser mirror. "Humph..i am not some mere personality...but i simply ignored their idiotic assumption because i cared not a wit for their opinion." Kooky responded as he opened a dresser draw, and getting something.

"Wait...you're actually a spirit from the ancient past aren't you?" Max asks him.

-Kooky pov-