Chapter 74: New outfit, intense meeting, improvised name and a familiar smell.

-Narration-

Max took a moment to think about how he wanted his trenchcoat to be worn. He looked admittedly nervous about pulling this off, and since he was the one who came up with it, he couldn't just back out of it. "Well? Aren't you gonna use your wand?" Junior asked impatiently. "C'mon, we don't got all day!" Larry adds with a sly grin. "Alright, alright! Keep your shorts on!" Max quickly says, who got slightly antsy while mike chuckled.

-Max pov-

Fucking hell, the least they can do is be patient! Then again, they aren't exactly the most patient koopa around, and dad ain't known for it...and i'm glad i ain't gonna say that out loud. Ok, so all i gotta do is twirl my wand around like kamek does and go from there! Or..maybe all i gotta do is focus and wave it around lightly. "Here goes.." I'm ready now, and since everyone is watching me, i better get to it!

-Mike pov-

Geez, the tension in this room is thick enough that if were a fog, you would barely see anything in front of your face! And yet...i'm curious as to what he's gonna pull!

-Bowser pov-

Bwehehe..i'm amused to know that this is how he chooses to use his wand for the first time. I use to have a wand of my own, but it was destroyed during the koopa kingdom's civil war and i never got around to making another. It's too bad...i would have loved to have used it on mario!

-Narration-

Max focuses as the aquamarine crystal began to glow a dark blue while max raises his wand while the magic starts surrounding his body. It felt weird to max, but it wasn't doing anything to him in a physical sense. It only took a few seconds until the magic dissipates and a black trenchcoat is now seen on max's body while his starlight crystal necklace can still be seen around his neck. However...it is also concealing his shell, but not the spikes as they were left exposed and his tail sways a few times. Max also has on black open hand gloves which allow his claws to be exposed and now has on black pants and black boots on his feet that are comfortable for him to wear to the point that the claws on his feet won't rip them. As for his tail...it can barely be seen and you would have to be eagle eyed to see it. "Woah.." Lemmy says who is simply spellbound. "Cool!" Junior says with glee, wishing that he can do that! "Ugh, you definitely don't have much a fashion sense..." Wendy mutters. "Ok, so...why is that thing covering your shell and won't that feel bothersome to wear?" Mike asked max who couldn't help but wonder if max thought this through.

"Well, i wanted to make sure whoever is out there wonder who and what i am. They certainly won't think i'm a koopa since my body looks different, so i might as well take advantage of that. And no, it's actually comfortable." Max said in response. He didn't know why, but the clothing he summoned as well as the boots he now wears felt incredibly comfortable to wear. Sure, he could have chosen a different color, but he felt that wearing black would be better and intimidating.

"Heh..with that on, it would be hard to guess that you're actually koopa." Bowser says with a chuckle. "EEEEE!!! I LOVE THIS!!!" Iggy screams before giggling like a crazed maniac. "Well well...that is certainly a..interesting clothing style." Kamek commented who is quite surprised to see that max was able to do this on his first try. Meanwhile..kooky is watching this all unfold silently, and he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

-Bowser pov-

Ya know..i would be insulted if anyone else did this. Hiding your shell and your true identity would be so cowardly! However, max's body is different and him making people guess who and what he is sounds so deviously chaotic, and even though he's never done what we've done, he still makes me so damn proud!

-Kooky pov-

It can't be..max is wearing the same thing pico wore, although...pico didn't wear black. But aside from that..it's almost as if i'm seeing a strangely chilling reflection of pico. As for that mask? Ugh..i personally think that he shouldn't hide his face...I cannot help but think it'll bring up a sense of false confident bravado that will ultimately bring a painful reminder of the past that max will unknowingly tap into. I still don't know why he's directly involved in this...nor do i know why he reminds me of pico so much...