Chapter 92: Old yet familiar and max's unintentional hilarity.

-Narration-

Although the oceanic breeze of the seaside kingdom felt so welcoming to max's face considering that he had his mask on for nearly the entire time he went out on his adventures, he hardly took the time to take in the scenery. He did see that nearby, a seaside town is just beginning to come alive and he wanted to avoid heading into the town. "Max, slow down!" Mike protested, having a bit of difficulty keeping up with the koopa while marx simply floated alongside him. "Such a beautiful sight..." Marx commented as max looked around, trying to find the source of whatever was calling out to him.

It didn't take him long to spot a path that seemed as if no one else had walked on which felt more like a conduit for whatever guided him here. "We're close...." Max stated, looking at a path that's blocked by mostly palm trees. "How so?" Mike asked him, unsure of just max was even looking for. "A feeling." Was max's only response as he walks on the path that leads to what he's being guided towards.

-Max pov-

I don't know why...i don't know how..but this feeling..it feels so familiar even though this is the first time i've set foot in this place. It's strange...you would think that dread would also be part of it, but for me, it's not the case at all.

-Mike pov-

Great arceus, he moves so fast even though he's walking! "Slow DOWN! Max, you gotta relax!" I pleaded even though he hardly slowed down. After his first mission, he started acting weirdly even though at the time, it wasn't anything concerning. But as time went on, especially with the letter i read that he kept...he slowly became distant and depressed. Even more so after he went to yoshi's island, and clearly SOMETHING happened there. I need to know what happened...

-Narration-

"SLOW DOWN!!!" Mike yelled out to max, who hardly skipped a beat before he turned to mike as he was panting and looked genuinely confused. Was he really walking that fast? "You..gotta talk to me...what the hell happened?" Mike asked as max looked down at the ground. "A lot happened...i don't even know where to begin." Max answered a few moments later. "Well, obviously! Can't you at least tell me what you've experienced?" Mike says with a sigh before max began to walk again, but this time he wasn't walking nearly as fast. "It's hard to explain...but what i can say, is that i found that fire doesn't hurt me in the slightest." Max replies before chuckling which showed his cockiness if only for a brief moment.

-Mike pov-

"Wait, what?!" I was caught completely off guard by max's statement. Fire doesn't hurt him?? To pokemon like me, there's an ability called flash fire that makes the one who has it immune to fire attacks...i never heard of a koopa having this ability! However, he still hasn't explained what happened...it's like he's bottled it up and sealed it tight...

-Marx pov-

The fact that max is immune to fire....i never believed it myself until i witnessed it happen on his third or fourth mission. I watched magishadow and bystanders look on in horror as he walked out of a raging fire! Ah, it was a glorious sight to watch the magishadow panic...and yet, i'm surprised no one commented on that fact...perhaps they thought it was his uniform that protected him?

Would max dare to test his claim without it? Ohhh, i would love to see that!

-Narration-

Before mike could question max, they see what appears to be an old building from a distance as the sun shone bright overhead even though clouds are in the sky and max had a look of amazement as well as mike and marx.  The grass surrounding the place is practically dead, and yet...it felt as if the building itself is far from dead.

Almost as if it was expecting company.