Chapter 33: Unique discovery and a familiar number.

-Narration-

"This has to because of the concealment spell, right?" Iggy blurts out to kamek, while max was about to figure out how to take his shell off until he heard iggy's comment.

"What the hell is a concealment spell?" Max asked, having never heard of such a spell, which made kamek facepalm with a groan. "Real smooth, Iggy..." Junior says with a growl. "While i wish to answer your question in full once you get home, i can at least give a short version. It has done something to your body that is highly unique. While you are now a koopa, it would seems that your body is also human-like." Kamek explained. "Human-like?" Lemmy asked, tilting his head in confusion. "Well, that does explain why max looks so different." Morton says with a nod. "Yet it leaves a lot more questions..." Ludwig commented. "It also makes max look cool!" Larry quickly says with a chuckle, while morton chuckles.

-Ludwig pov-

I detest the fact that these secrets seem have unobtainable answers. It leaves me surprisingly intrigued with max and now with roy. Both are twins even though they are quite different, but their mother is the one that has secrets that are slowly coming to light. It would also mean that they have the same father...hm..I liked it better when i only had junior to deal with!

-Morton pov-

I have always looked up to roy for a long time. Now i find myself looking up to max too! I can only imagine what max is capable of now.

-Larry pov-

The fact that max looks the way he does now is just..amazing! All of the koopa kingdom will see max as the talk of the kingdom! I think the darklands will too once they see him.

-Max pov-

I have no idea what a 'concealment spell' is, nor do i know why everyone else knows about it, but if it's the cause of me feeling the worse pain i have ever felt, then i'm glad that i ain't no longer bound by it.

-Narration-

"Well? Are you gonna put your shirt on, or what?!" Junior asked impatiently. "Hold on! I'm trying to figure out how to take my.." Max began to say, before putting his hand on the outer part of his shell, and the moment he nudged it with a bit of a push, it slowly comes off and falls harmlessly on the hospital bed, but to everyone else, they don't see front part of his shell "..Off. Huh..." Max finished as everyone, even kamek, looked shocked. "Ok, this is weird..." larry says in surprise. "Where's the other part of his shell?!" Morton demanded. "Wow, just when we think we have seen it all..." Wendy mutters. "Oh my, this is unlike anything i have ever seen...if max had a full shell, then him putting on a shirt while he's bandaged up would have been difficult since he's got no idea how we put clothes on." Kamek says as he looks at max's back, seeing that it's not showing any signs of any kind of abnormally aside from the obvious. "Tell me. Do you feel uncomfortable in any way?" Kamek asks max.

-Max pov-

I was half expecting to feel uncomfortable, but...that wasn't the case at all. "No. I just feel half naked." I answer, leaving everyone shocked while put on my shirt, and put my shell back on, which didn't make my new shirt feel uncomfortably tight in the slightest. "Right, this is both amazing and weird..." Ludwig remarks. "Now i wonder what's under those bandages..." Morton says. "Same here!" Says iggy in agreement.

-Ludwig pov-

This is not normal...max is unlike any koopa i have ever met. Then again, that spell max was under clearly caused this uniqueness to bestowed upon max...i would much rather hear the long version from kamek.

-Roy pov-

What the hell man...if he was any other guy, i'd have a field day with him! Then again, i probably still can. Heh..i can only imagine what i can pull. And yet...i can't get over the fact the me and max have the same mom. That..that's gonna take me awhile to accept.

-Lemmy pov-

I never knew that max could look so unique! Shouldn't that be a good thing..?

-Junior pov-

Even dad needs his shell on! But max? He could walk around without it on, and it doesn't bother him! This is kinda like some kind of super hero shit, which i uh..watch on tv sometimes, except none of us are heroes!

-Wendy pov-

I can hardly bring myself to say anything....max is just...amazing. Oh, my friends need to see him, and there's no telling what the rest of the kingdom is gonna think! Re-hee-hee-hee, it'll be like, so amusing to see the looks on everyone else's faces!

-Narration-

"Well, i'm ready to go. Ain't y'all?" Max asked  while looking down at everyone. "YES! Finally..." Junior yells out as max grunts a bit. "At least this soreness won't be forever..." max mutters as everyone starts walking out with max looking at the door number for a moment.

-Max pov-

"237...where have i seen that number before?" I wondered to myself. The floor felt cold to my my feet, which i expected as much. I will definitely need to get used to this though, because wearing shoes won't be much of an issue for me now, unless it's on occasion, or if i wanna get some custom made shoes. As for that number...why does it feel like the number 237 has some sort of important meaning? Is it perhaps, a lucky number? "Max! You coming?" I heard larry say which knocked me out of my thought process."Yeah, i'm coming!" I say to him and slowly walk out into the hallway.

-Narration-

Unbeknownst to everyone there, marx is watching the entire thing from afar, and is happy to see that max is walking out, but noticed that max is bandaged up. "My, he certainly got banged up by fawful. I am just glad that he's alive." Marx says to himself. "And now? The real fun can begin, and ancient history will reveal to max about the other guy and this..xac and cheese guy. You know what? I'm just gonna call him bob." Marx mutters to himself. He is more curious about how max will react to his gift that he gave him, and had a feeling that his reaction will be for shits and giggles.

Meanwhile, max walked slowly with the koopalings and junior while anyone who saw max, looked at him in awe. "That's max? I thought he was a human..." He heard someone say. "Wow. He's tall, and looks like roy...for some reason." He heard another say, which he was hardly expecting to hear. He just wondered how mike would react to seeing him, not knowing that not only has mike seen what he looked like, but rylie was also waiting to see him who now had no idea what max looked like now.