Chapter 93: Ghostly encounter and the warning that sets off raw emotion.

-Narration-

The laughter of the boos that gradually showed themselves were ever present as max looked on in disbelief. "What the..what the hell are you guys?!" Max wondered which made the boos gradually stop laughing. "...This guy serious? He doesn't KNOW what we are?!" A boo asked, genuinely offended max even said that. "Oh, don't even start with me! There was a time that i didn't even know who mario was, so don't start wanting to bite my head off!" Max quickly said which mike chuckled at. "Yeah, um..he's telling the truth. He actually didn't even know." Mike says before the sound of another boo's laughter was heard, who also had a crown on their head. But this one was different even though the crystals, which are on different sides of the crown, are glowing the same ominous magenta color.

"Sooo, the stories ARE true...the big doofus adopted yet another kid, who made quite a spectacular show throughout most of the mushroom kingdom!" The boo in question says in amusement as he appears. His eyes glowing an ominous magenta and is not only bigger than all the boos that are present, he also had a crown on his head which would have caused max to be on edge, given that he had previously encountered someone with a crown, he could immediately tell that this crown was different. "I must say kid..after all the horrors you've seen, getting scared over a boo suddenly appearing before you is without a doubt, deliciously amusing!" He says to max with a ghostly chuckle.

-Max pov-

Boos...huh..this is new! But...none of them have legs...and fangs and...why long tongues? Hold on, why am i wondering about things that are so irrelevant to what's happening right now? "And who are you? It's obvious that you didn't just come here for a simple visit, and how the hell did you know it was me?" I asked the boo, undaunted as the his eyes stared at mine. After what i've seen...what i've done...this guy doesn't intimidate me, but in terms of me trying to lie about the fact i was seen throughout most of the mushroom kingdom even though my face was hidden the whole time? Meh..i can easily tell that he sees right through me.

-Narration-

"Straight to the point...i like that...i am known as king boo. And this to me, is much more than a 'simple visit'..." king boo says in a serious tone before turning to mike. "Ah..and i have even heard of you...i never imagined you would pique my curiosity...a..pokemon, yes?" King boo floated around mike once his gaze met mike's who in turn, became a little unnerved. "Y-yeah. I'm a pokémon...i'm not the only one though." Mike stammered a bit while replying, and king boo noticed. "Ohhh, do i scare you?~" King boo said with a grin which the boos chuckled at as his tongue hangs out making him look incredibly creepy.

"That is enough." A voice says that belongs to the hooded figure as they slowly revealed themselves which max went into a defensive stance as well as mike while king boo growled. "YOU...i should have known that i would find you here..." King boo says angrily as the boos shivered at king boo's anger. It was obvious that they don't usually see him get pissed.

-King boo pov-

From the day max nearly died, i had become curious about him which is something that happens on a rare occasion. The fact that he willingly sacrificed himself for roy? Feh...what a boring waste of a human shield max became and i almost thought he would end up like mario even though i highly doubt he would do something so foolish! However...something happened that even i cannot explain...it was as if max wasn't what he seemed to be.

And looking at him now...and the fact that HE is here...ohh, max is far more interesting than i ever imagined! Especially since...ohhh, i wonder...i want to at least hear what will be said next. As for HIM...I cannot believe i would end up meeting him here of all places where i am far from home...it would have been one thing for me to come here just meet and mess with the kid...if only it were that easy!