Chapter 86: The starlight saber's history and mike's silent theory.

-The next day-

Although everyone else went back bed as did mike and tyson after heading back to mike's place, max never went back to sleep. The encounter he had, who it became obvious to him who dark bowser really is...it left him the same doubt nate put into his mind, but this time...this time was different. Was it really mind trick by zöhm? Or..was it really xaczxar? His first encounter made him think that, and now? He couldn't believe it. He didn't want to believe it. Was it because of this heavy guilt that he wasn't prepared for? He just didn't understand what this had to do with him, and he's definitely not sure why candymaker is after him even though he's thankful he's not having to constantly run and hide, which is something he would never do.

He decides to look at his iPod for awhile just so he can keep his mind off of what happened. Going on youtube of all places and watching videos while trying his hardest to stifle giggles even though ludwig can hear him.

-Ludwig pov-

I can hardly sleep, unlike lemmy, larry, junior and probably the others. Who the hell would be able to sleep after what max just described and what i heard? Come to think of it..kooky has been silent about this, and i can't help but wonder if this struck a nerve. As i lay on my bed, i can hear max again, but this time, he's trying to hide the fact that he's laughing.

Sounds like he's on that old ipod again...every once in awhile, he'll be on that old thing watching those stupid youtube videos. Honestly, i don't know what's so special about it.At least it's something i can tolerate.

-Kooky pov-

That encounter max had...that was no ordinary experience. The others may be fooled by his lie, but not i. What he described...this seems to have become far more complicated than i could ever imagine. He will have to face reality one day, and if, or hopefully when he does...then maybe..just maybe...he can change everything with a simple choice. And maybe i'll finally stop going easy on him by that point...

-A few hours later-

Max was able to sleep for a few hours before waking up again and looks at his iPod home screen. "10:47 am..latest i've ever slept." Max mutters before making sure he has his shell on and his shades. He's surprised that roy didn't notice that he wasn't wearing them a few hours ago, though max assumed that he was likely too tired to care. He makes sure that his starlight crystal that he's had on as necklace for the longest time is with him even though he hardly messed with it up until now, knowing that it's finally being used for something other than a good luck charm.

"Good to see you went to sleep. I'm surprised you were able to." Mike says to max just as he arrives in the living room. Even though mike went back to his place, he never fell back to sleep. In fact, neither did bowser. "Ah, so you're awake.." Says kamek, who had just arrived about ten minutes before max woke up and looked confused about what happened. "Yeah. So, um..i take it that you were told what happened?" Max asked him. "I was. And..i can't even imagine being in such a situation..." Kamek answers. Worried about how this affects max, though he is wary of bowser for the moment.

-Kamek pov-

If it weren't for my dear mother everyone but max, tyson and probably mike knows as kammy making a surprise visit, i would have come much earlier...in fact, i'm surprised that no one told her about lord bowser adopting max! Then again..she never keeps up with anything that goes on anymore...as for your crankiness...he wasn't in the best mood and demanded to know why i ignored him, and was surprised to hear about kammy. I wonder if she has any idea about the magishadow...especially since she's suddenly become interested in what's going on.

-Narration-

"I'm surprised you were able to sleep." Bowser says to max while sitting on the couch. "Same here.." Max says in agreeance. "What do you plan on doing after...um..what happened?" Kamek asked max. "I honestly don't know right now..." Max replies, before ludwig comes in with another letter that spans three or four pages that were written by kooky himself. "I was expecting this." Max says once he sees the letter, knowing all too well what it would say.