Phil's POV

Um, are you okay? It's just I listened to your video. You sounded upset and I wanted to make su-"

"You listened in?" He intercepted.

"Well yeah, nothing unlike what we usually do, is it?" I pointed out.

"Did you not hear me when I asked you not to disturb me? Or did I need to rephrase it as don't be a nosy asshole?" He retorted, tone full of fire and fury.

"Of course I heard you, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You know, that thing that best friends are supposed to do, look out for each other," I defended.

"What about that other thing best friends are supposed to do? What was it? Oh yeah, respect each others fucking privacy when they ask for it!" He yelled

"Sorry, I'll just go then, shall I?" I said, defeated and unable to construct a liable case he would listen to when he was foaming with rage.

As I turned around to leave, Dan grumbled,
"Yeah, you fucking should," and in response I just slammed the door.
How dare he! He knows full well (or at least he will once he's calm) that what I did was the absolute norm in our friendship. It's not like he didn't interrupt my video, did he think this would have been harder for him? Yeah, sure he might have been battling through the awkward layer that had been sat over our relationship for the past few days now, but it's not any different for me. It's not all my fault, we're in this mess together and he's going to have to deal with that sore fact no matter how much it stings. We can either pretend nothing ever happened and shut the book on that generic happy ever after we could get if we were together or we could stick this out and work at it. It's evident it's a thing we both want. Dan would never have let it lie for this long if it wasn't that important.

These past few days had been impossibly heavy to carry. We'd done some of our normal stuff together but never in our conventional way. Watching TV wasn't our humour based conversation and ridiculous puns about characters names, it was silent and uncomfortable with each of us sat formally on the couch as if we were guests in our own home. Yeah, he made my coffee in the morning but he didn't bound up to my room with a smile on his face, desperate for our morning ramblings about our dreams or what we'd thought about at 3am when we couldn't sleep, now he just left it on the bench next to the kettle without even alerting me of its existence. However, I hadn't made much more of an attempt to get back to normal than he had, I still woke him up after he'd slept in for longer than I know he would have wanted to but I didn't barge into his room and shake him excitedly until he gave up and came downstairs, I just knocked loudly on his door and hoped his tired brain would register what that meant.

It was a constant battle between wanting to make amends but wanting to keep our distance. By the way he reacted, Dan evidently want me to leave him to his own stuff now. I just really wanted to be there for him, like he was for me the entire time. He'd hugged me as I cried, made me meals when I refused to eat, comforted me as I was uncomfortable; he fixed me after I broke. Dan managed to take all the little pieces of me that had shattered and fell into a void of oblivion and he reassembled them to make me, me again. So why was it impossible for him to understand that all I wanted to do was the same for him?

Externally he didn't seem that torn up about the whole build up to his coming out confession, but Dan's not like that. When it comes to fictional characters or band members he wears his heart on his sleeve but with his actual issues, he regularly leaves it till it's eaten away at him for so long, it just slips out during conversation. Then, we both have a long heart to heart, tears are shed and everything is back to normal.

Initially I doubted this time would be any different, evidently I was extremely wrong. I was, however, hopeful that one of us would eventually give in and just at least attempt to patch up the broken bits of our friendship when we were both in a calm and steady mood. Obviously, it just wasn't yet.

I presumed I'd be the first to crack under the pressure of us falling apart. The thought of Dan and Phil being singular instead of our usual duo kept me tossing at turning into the early hours of the morning and kept my eyes glazed with tears ready to spill over every time we looked at each other.

That's how our friendship blossomed into more than that just a few days ago, one certain look, knitted together with two certain emotions. I point blank refuse to let anything get in the way of the masterpiece we created by just knowing each other. What I mean by that is not our radio show, nor our YouTube collabs, I don't even mean the phandom. What I mean is: every moment I spend with him is like spending time next to the most famous art work possible. Take the Mona Lisa for example, you're supposed to look at it and then move on to look at another collection but it captivates you. The beauty of the brush strokes enchants your eyes and takes you to love it the longer you look at it. Just being in its presence is something quiet beautiful. However put that in human form, not only do you get the electric sparks rushing through you every time you look at it but you also get to create amazing memories that keep you awake at night because the excitement that pumps through you refuses to stop. That's Dan. Dan is my Mona Lisa. He is my priceless work of art that I need to cherish and that I enthuse over and I will refuse to let him go.

A/N-- HI! So this shit got emotional, amirite? Well I hope I sparked some emotion into you an got even a slightest reaction out of you, you know that being the aim and everything. but yeah, idek if that whole Mona Lisa thing makes sense to people but that's what I was feeling so that's what I fucking wrote deal with it. So, have you seen Dan's video? Did you get excited over sister Jessica? Did you laugh at the insecure bullies? Did you cry because you're so glad he's using his platform and fan base to educate people and to stand up for what is good while other people use theirs to promote audible.com? Because if you did then that's something we have in common. Okay, well, oh oh oh, apparently there's a phandom Tumblr meetup on the 28th Feb. I forgot the time and who organised it and all the important stuff but you should come say hi to me? I'm a pretty nice person. I'm potterdoesmore.tumblr.com and I need Internet friends to talk to and fangirl with when Dan and Phil do the thing.
Okay well that's everything, hope you enjoyed this and BYEEEEE.