Dan's POV

We just drove. Well, I did.

I didn't tell Phil where we were going and he seemed okay with it. He knew I wanted to make it special for him and he knew that I wanted it to be a supprise.

Phil looked so cute sitting in the passenger seat but looked so cut off from the real world. He barely said a word except from the occasional 'what time is it?' or 'how long till we get there?' He was in his own dream world and even though I knew I needed to keep my eyes on the road, I couldn't help the slightest glance at Phil every once in a while.

His soft black hair framed his face perfectly and his fringe just covered enough of his forehead that I could still see his eyebrows knit together when he saw something strange. -Adorable things Phil does #999584. His confusion is not an expression I see often and not a one he even realises he's doing but his nose will scrunch up and his eyebrows knit and his mouth leans to the side with his tounge sticking out of the corner. It drove me wild.

It felt like we'd been driving for ages when it'd only been about 20 minutes. I think this had something to do with the lack of conversation me and Phil had left in our vocabulary. I said a few 'not long now's' and 'ooo we're almost there' but Phil just nodded his head or murmered a 'yeah Ok'.

How much I longed to know what he was thinking. What he thought of me. Did he even want me to take him to this place or should I just reverse now?

No turning back now

You've came this far Dan why can't you just see it through. Maybe he'll love it and if he doesn't call it a day and take him home. He won't hate you for it. At least I hope he won't.

We were getting nearer and nearer and my heart pounded faster and faster. Oh god, we're here.

I glanced at Phil and I watched the smile make it's way across his face as his eyes lit up when he realised where we were. Oh my god he remembers this place.

"Dan!" he said softly, his voice cracking, "I love it!" Then tears started rolling down his cheeks.

Oh. What's wrong?

"These are happy tears" he giggled, answering my unspoken question.