Phil's POV

Everything seemed to be going okay. It was all alright. People were enjoying my videos, people were still tweeting at me, Dan was still shouting at me for eating his cereal; everything was going okay.

Slouching back into the couch I listened to the noise from the TV but didn't really watch. I admired the ceiling and the cracks in it that I was too undomesticated to fix. Dan's laugh melodically filled the room and I smiled to myself. To be honest, I don't know why Dan still insists we watch the X-Factor. Glancing over to him, his eyes were intently fixated on the screen watching some 49 year old butcher House of the Rising Sun. He was so concentrated on everything going on that I thought it rude to ask if we could change the channel so instead I picked up my phone do what I usually do when I'm bored; go to Tumblr. I didn't even need to instruct my hands to begin scrolliong as it was all I seemed to do with my time. Scroll through twitter; scroll through comments; scroll through emails; scroll through tumblr. All I ever did was scroll. Pretty brilliant life in all fairness.

My eyes lit up as I admired the most resant fanart on my dashboard. Sometimes, it truly amazes me how talented my viewers are. Every time I open Tumblr I am immediately bombarded with mountains of fan art, text posts to me and many theories of mine and Dan's relationship. The majority of them so ludicrous they're hilarious but nevertheless, all precisely though out and ever factor accounted for. It was nice to know that people shipped us, even if some did take it a little far, I enjoyed looking at posts saying that people "craved our friendship" or "desperately wanted a relationship like ours."

***

Skipping around the kitchen I theatrically opened the fridge and was so desperate for food I leaned in so far I think my head was 10mm from bursting out the other side. I scanned our shortage of cuisine and eventually decided on washing down a few handfuls of Shreddies with a glass of milk.

My familiar ring tone echoed around the room from my phone which was stuffed into my back pocket as I devoured my second handful. Panicking, I chewed violently and reached around to withdraw my phone.

"Number withheld," I mumbled through half-chewed cereal.

Gulping down the remains I answered the phone and as I heard the icy-cold voice of rejection I felt frozen; unable to reply to the man on the other end.

"Hello son," he said, as if this was an okay thing to do, "It's your dad."

My heart filled with rage and anger. How dare he attempt to come back into my life? Doesn't he know the pain he caused me? I was putting my life back together and he decides to invade it again. Can't he just be happy that I'm moving on from the dissmisal that held me back.

"What the fuck do you want?" I snarled back.

Pouring my vexation into every word that fell out my mouth, I was proud that I'd stood up to this arsehole who'd rejected me.

There was a long pause and a sigh on the other end of the phone. He was tired of me? God, he really has no idea, does he?!

"To make ammends son." he timidly replied.

Immediatly something exploded inside me. As if dynimite had been burried in my gut for the past few months and this was me detonating.

"Don't you dare! Don't you fucking dare call me son!" I practically screamed down the phone.

I was certain Dan would hear and come try to calm me in a matter of moments so everything I needed to say, needed to be spoken promptly.

"Listen to me, now! You left me. You were the abondener. I did no wrong doing exept be myself. I shoke myself for weeks, I didn't even sleep for weeks. You know why? because I was terrified of rejection. Everyone else managed to approve the real me without any haste, but not you? Not you! Becuase you are an arsehole and if you ever come looking for sympathy for being a total dick, please do not expect to gain it from me. I have nothing but loathing to give to you."

Inhaling all the air I lost from my rant gave him a space for expeted remorse.

"Phil, listen to yourself. This isn't you."

"No, it's exactly me," I retorded without hesitation, "but that's your problem. You don't like me and that's all your doing. Good-fucking-bye."

And I hung up. Throwing my phone across the kitchen, Dan's footsteps matched my quick paced breaths.

"What the hell Phil? Oh my god, are you okay? Who was that?" He bombarded questions on me until I poured them into one unchoherant sentence.

"Wait, your dad? The bastard! 'the fuck did he want?"

A/N-- Back to dad drama lol sorry. Phil swearing is such a rare thing I feel like he only does it when he's really angry (or really stressed like in Shelter) and when he gets fired up he does it loads so sorry if it seems a bit out of character but swearing is the way he seems to convey anger so I just shoved a bunch of it in. I hope you enjoyed it and the next one shall be updated pretty soon so BYEEE!