Phil's POV

[There's quite a lot of swearing in this one just in case you don't like it]

I returned from the kitchen with basically anything I could find, chocolate sprinkles from the baking video, crisps, two sandwiches which we had bought 2 days ago and just left in the fridge and a packet of malted sets I found in the cupboard.

Setting down the food on the coffee table in front of us i plonked myself down next to Dan and threw him a sandwich, of which he caught between his thighs and manoeuvred next to him. He had a look on his face, a look of contemplation-- as if he had just been thinking of a maths problem and was rerouting his steps.

"Phil?" he asked quite suddenly.

"Dan?" I replied.

"Are you gonna tell your family members that you're, well ya'know, gay?" He finally managed to get his words out after much deliberation on how to word it all. And he had a point.

"I haven't really thought about it," I answered truthfully, "but I suppose I'll have to tell them sometime."

"What about on YouTube? Will you make a video about it?"

The realisation hit me and I suddenly was flooded with things I hadn't thought of hit me in waves. Was coming out really this much, did I really have to tell my subscribers. What if some of them hated me, although I suppose getting rid of the homophobes would be the best option rather than letting them enjoy my content.

"Uh, I dunno. I haven't really thought about it. Do I have to do it all at once?"

"No, sorry, I just thought... never mind." Dan managed and I realised my reply had sounded a little more harsh than I intended and I might have hurt him.

"It's fine I'm just... scared." I replied. Being truthful was the only thing I could do. I couldn't give him a half ass explanation and expect him to just accept it. "What if they don't like me anymore?"

"Well then they can fuck off. If any twats just immediately hate you for one fucking thing like sexuality then they're shitting ridiculous. It's your fucking life they need to get a hold of themselves the homophobe bastards!" Dan snapped and he surprised me with his sudden outburst. "Sorry, I just get angry over that sort of stuff."

"It's fine, honestly it just shows that you care."

He giggled slightly at this but I could tell he know I was being serious. It was endearing to watch him get angry over people who may dislike me. I've seen things on Tumblr naming Dan as the leader of the 'Phil Lester Defence Squad' and I think he just proved he was. I chuckled slightly aloud due to where my thoughts were headed and Dan looked at me confused but just brushed it off.

My mind seemed to change thought paths almost immediately I drifted back to what Dan said. I needed to tell my parents some time, maybe now. Today? Could I tell them over phone or would it have to wait until some other time.

Fuck it, I'm going to ring them right now.

"I'm just going to ring my mum now," I said to Dan, nodding to the door as I spoke.

"You're really gonna tell her?" He questioned nervously.

"Maybe. Maybe I'll say I need to talk to her about something important so we should meet up tomorrow, who knows?" I replied and with that I wandered out of the room and into the kitchen.

The kitchen was were all important phone calls are made. Pulling my phone out of my pocket I realised how uncontrolled my breathing was as I punched in the familiar phone number and held it to my ear. The ringing seemed to last forever until I heard my mum's chirpy voice on the other end.

"Hello?"
"Hi mum, it's me."
"Oh hi Phil, how are you?"

After getting the usual chatter out of the way where she told me about how good she was doing and how her job was going and how dad had bought a new car I decided it was now or never.

"Yeah that's great mum, but that's not actually what I rang you for."

My voice was shaking and I was breathing unevenly and heavily.

"So what did you ring me for?"
"It's just, I've got something to tell you."

I paused.

"Go on,"she said sternly.
"I just don't know if this is something I should do in person or not. It doesn't feel right telling you over the phone."
"Phil? You can tell me anything you know. I wouldn't judge you."
"Yeah I know," and in my brain I suspected she already knew, she just wanted to hear me say it.
"I'm, um, I'm g-ga-gay. I'm gay. ok there I said it."

My breathing completely stopped at this moment. My heart stopped beating. My brain stopped thinking.

Everything was still.

"That's great Phil, dear! As long as you're happy I'm happy!"

And everything was normal again.

It was as if the entire weight of the planet was released from my shoulders and I gave a large sigh of delight.

"So who's the lucky man?" She asked and I wondered if I should tell her about fancying Dan but I decided not.

"There's no one yet." I replied, even picking up how untruthful this sounded.

"Okay, well when you do find someone, do be sure to bring them home to us."

"Will do,"

"Oh that reminds me. Me and your father were thinking we should visit you and Dan so we were thinking maybe two weeks but now I can't wait to see you so are you two doing anything tomorrow?"

I knew no matter what I said she would end up in my house somehow so I continued to explain that no we didn't have plans, yes she can come over tomorrow and yes she should bring some cake.

"Bye then, see you tomorrow," she sang and she's hung up before I even had the chance to reply.

Okay so turns out this weekend has been a lot more effective than planned. I thought it would be a normal 2 days and so far I've got wasted in a field and told 2 people my biggest secret.

Wow... not so normal after all.

A/N-- I know this ones a bit shit I just needed a way to incorporate his mum finding out and making plans to visit and this is what I decided on even though it's not that good. GUESS WHAT... you guys should follow me on Twitter because I'm a multi fandom account @oichinboy ok cool. I hope you guys are enjoying this fic so far and it would mean a lot of you could tweet it, Tumblr it, and stuff like that. ooo and if any of you lot are good at like doodles or cartoon drawing hit me up because not only do I think the ones I see are AMAZING but I was wondering if I should put pictures at the top of every chapter to sort add a little illustration to the words. thanks for reading, byeee.