Phil's POV

It would forever intrigue me to know how Dan's brain worked. He looked so deep in thought I doubt he'd even noticed the average conversational pause was over and for me things were a bit awkward - for him they seemed great.

His eyes glazed over and his lip curled up slightly as he thought about undoubtedly something as random as pure human existance. He had a habit of doing that.

I poked his shoulder lightly just snap him back into reality.

"oww" he whined sarcasticly

"Is you a wuss?" I replied laughing at my own little video reference.

"I'm not a wuss!" he said, then once he'd procsessed what he'd said he gave a sarcky "ha ha".

"Really though, are we just going to look at these drinks or actually drink them?" I asked after realising we probably looked weird sitting on an abandoned park bench with 2 blue carry-a-bags full of cider and vodka, or at least I think that's what it was.

Dan sighed,  probably realising I was right and pulled out a bottle labeled Glenn's vodka. Oh we're starting off big.

"Dan, you'll have to mix that with something." I pointed out

Completely ignoring me Dan proceeded to unscrew the cap and take a overly large gulp. Realising his own mistake immediately but trying to avoid the 'I told you so' Dan screwed his face up in disgust but still trying to act fine. It wasn't convincing.

"If you say I told you so I swear I will punch you" he scolded playfully.

I held my hands up in submission.

"I won't but you know..."

"I'll stop you there Phil," Dan said cutting off the humiliating 'I did tell you"

I then decided I would not initially copy Dan's mistake and took out my drink of choice- apple cider.

I opened the bottle with difficulty but ignored Dan's giggles as I struggled with the cap. Once I'd managed to open the goddamn thing I took a massive gulp and swallowed. I'd always been a lightweight so I decided that it would be best to just take little sips after that.

                     ***

As time passed me by I got more and more intoxicated and less and less aware of my surroundings. A film of drunk seemed to make it's way onto my eyes, bluring my vision but Dan still looked amazing.

DON'T SAY IT OUT LOUD PHIL!

My subconscious was screaming at me to remain composed and not to let anything slip.

I tried. I really did try but every topic of conversation seemed to die down and end up about one another.

I just had to say it... Just say it Phil and in the morning you can blame the alcohol what could possibly go wrong. He probably wouldn't even remember it.

No Phil. You just can't risk everything!

My two sides thoughts took over and drowned me in mixed messages. I had to do it. I just needed to say it.

"You know Dan," I started, slurring my words as the alcohol caught up with my voice "you look really good tonight"

Shit. I said something. Oh god. Why?

My sober brain was reinstated for a second and it was angry. Really angry!

What did you do that for you idiot.

And then drunk brain was back and I no longer cared because he did. It wasn't like I'd confessed my undying love for him. Just complimented him. What is he going to say back? Oh no!

His intake of breath indicated his speech and then he said it...