Phil's POV

The opening notes were enough to convince me Dan knew me almost too well. He knew how much I loved this song, (and obviously the Muse version was way better) he knew how much I connected with the lyrics.

My eyes shot open and I gave him an affectionate look to silently thank him for the song. He smiled back at me and then lay down next to me. Looking up at the stars, with Dan, listening to our favourite song and off our tits wasted-- my mind couldn't help but drift to other places. And by other places I mean mainly people, one person in particular.

Dan was constantly on my mind and I was constantly battling whether to jump on him and kiss him or just refrain from saying anything. There was just something about today, (probably the alcohol) that made me want to tell him. Not tell him as in do it all romantic and make him realise how much he means to me; tell him as in literally say 'Dan, I really fancy you and I know that makes things weird but whatever.'

The thought swarmed at the back of my head for the rest of the song persuading me more and more that this was the right thing to do. In all fairness he deserved to know. But was it worth possibly ruining the friendship?

"Dan" I started, internally scolding myself and screaming not to say it "I think I want to."

He looked at me, confusion clouding his features.

"W-want to what?" He asked nervously

Wow. He was almost as nervous as I was. And I was pretty, bloody nervous.

"I want to tell you what I was upset about before" I said simply.

"Oh" he replied

Oh, was that all he could manage? What does he have to be nervous over, he doesn't even know what I'm about to say--does he? Have I really made it obvious.

I mean, I know I stared at him and attempted to flirt but it was a rare occurrence. It wasn't like I threw myself on a regular basis or dropped everything I was doing on his say so.

"You're sure you want to?" He said awkwardly.

"I'm sure" I said and to be fair, I was.

I was sick of cowering away from my feelings in hope he'd notice me first. It was time I had to tell him. It was now or never...