Phil's POV

"Dan," I yelled as I bounded into his room with out waiting for reply.

As I entered the room I was greeted with the sloppy sight of Dan strewn across the bed with his face deeply buried in his mattress and his legs both at different angles that made me question how it was possibly comfortable to lie that way. His slumped form had yet to register that he had company. I wondered what thoughts could possibly be circulating his mind and that we're so detrimental that made his lie down face first and completely ignore the rest of the world.

Guessing he was probably in the long cycle of an existential crisis, I placed myself timidly at the end of the bed and waited for a reaction from him. Nothing. Instead I just tried poking him gently in his ribs and this startled him slightly making his body tense.

He groaned as he lifted his head up to see what had distributed him from his vortex of horror and questions about the general meaning of life.

"What's the point in life?" He grumbled and then allowed his face to be concealed once again by the matress.

Previously, I wouldn't have known how to handle these situations due to my lack of confidence on physical touch but now and in our current state of affairs knew it was okay for me to do the whole comforting gestures.

I placed my a hand on his back and rubbed in a gentle circle, at first he tensed under the action but soon he became accustomed to my gesture and relaxed slightly.
"It'll be alright," I whispered before standing up and rushing out of the room.

Praying he wasn't too offended by the fact I'd left him I bounced into the kitchen and turned on the kettle. If in doubt, make some tea. Oh, the sweet moral of the British. While the kettle was boiling I began rummaging around in the cupboard for some food and was greeted with the biscuits I'd hidden so Dan wouldn't steal them. Oh well, I guess I can spare them this once. I threw them on the counter while I prepared our drinks and poured equal ammounts of tea into the nearest mugs I grabbed (which happened to both be one direction) and shoving the biscuit packet in my mouth I started on the task of getting upstairs without spilling boiling hot liquid all down my front.

"Dan," I say but my voice is muffled by the cookie packet that is hanging from my mouth and I am unable to do anything but headbutt the door with my hands full. I turn a full 360 in an attempt to find somewhere to place one of the mugs while I open the door. In the end I conclude the floor is the best option and the door springs open as I push it forcfully.

To no supprise of mine Dan's face is still burried within the blankets that now shroud him but he moves slightly as the bang of the cup on his bedside table startles him. I place the biscuits on his table and carry my mug of hot tea round to the other side. In an attempt to get him back to some form of normality I try to pretend this is just a normal situation and I slip into bed on the left side. Gazing at my watch momentarily I discover that it's actually a lot later than expected (10:30pm) so I determine that I might as well just spend the rest of the night here. Sliding my top over my head and then beginning to unbutton my jeans I swiftly decide that it's far too cold to sleep almost naked so slithering out from under the sheets I plod along to my room and rumage in my drawers from some comfortable pajama bottoms. Deciding on my avengers ones I glide them over my legs and rush back to Dan's room and return to my original position.

"Dan, I come baring tea and biscuits and I've decided that I'm sleeping in here tonight until you return from the swirling black abyss as you normally say."

He sort of rolled over awkwardly and let out a slight mewl.
"You brought food?" He mumbled and I let out a faint laugh at the simple fact that was all he was bothered about.

"Yes, I brought food, now get up here," I demanded jokingly.

He obeyed and shuffled himself up the bed and clawed his legs awkwardly under the duvet. Wriggling around in an attempt to find the most comfortable position he swore twice as he sat on his phone.

"Comfortable now?" I joked.

He hummed a vague "yes," and then blankly collected his tea and biscuits from his right side.

"But if the universe is infinite how could we possibly be alone?" he mumbled and from the experience I had collected from the years we'd spent together I understood that I now just had to wait until his brain activity had calmed down.

"What if their really is a god?"

Okay, I guess complete calm down may take quite a while.

A/N-- okay so this was supposed to be longer and a lot better but I'm stressing bc exam tomorrow and I'm supposed to be reading text books and instead I'm writing about gay men. okay anyways, so yeah I guess that's my excuse as to why this is shite and yeah hope you enjoyed it and I gotta go revise now so BYEEEE.