Dan's POV

My mind jumped, leaped and skipped to a multitude of conclusions when I heard Phil's raised voice. He was hardly ever this angry! Debating whether I should go and check on him my ears seemed to prick and I listened intently to every word he was saying. He was far away so I couldn't really make out the entire conversation but the occasional line I picked up helped me put two and two together and figure who he was talking too.

"Don't you fucking dare call me son!" I heard Phil's voice flare with months of built up anger and hate.

A few more incoherent words and then another outburst of "Everyone else management to approve the real me without any haste, but not you!"

It was evident he was talking to his Dad. Everyone else had been so supportive, all giggles and laughs but not his Dad. That was the one thing that made me despise John more than I already did. Everyone around Phil had the opportunity of leaving but none of them did, yet his own father (who should never be granted permission to leave) walked away when things didn't really go how he wanted. And now he was ringing? What could he say that could patch up their broken relationship.

I decided best not to intervene and I guiltily enjoyed listening to Phil slam the man who made him feel like an unworthy life. I knew it would be hard to calm him down and get him back to a sufficient state but for now that wasn't what I was focused on.

***

"It's okay," i reassured as I guided a shaking Phil through the hallway.

He'd seemed so confident on the phone but as soon as I went to check on him (after he'd hung up) he could barely string a sense-making sentence together. It was all just babble and deep intakes of breath.

"But...but, what if-" he managed to splutter out before I cut him off with, "I promise, it'll be alright."

In all honesty, I still had no idea what was said on the other end of the phone and I suspected I wouldn't get a sensible answer anytime soon. Deciding for now the best thing was to calm him down, I guided him towards the living room and perched him on the edge of his usual couch spot. Momentarily, it seemed his soul and personality had drifted away leaving behind an empty mind and body. His hands stayed completely stationary to where I had placed them on his knees, and his eyes were fixated on a distant memory that he couldn't quite place.

Attempting to get him away from his trance and back in to the real word I violently flailed my arms around and tried to get his attention. Nothing.

Then I waved my hand in front of his face. Nothing

Finally I decided the only was was to shake him. However, what originally planned to be a slight nudge, swiftly transformed into violent harassment.

"What, sorry? Must have drifted off." He said eventually.

I decided not to pursue it and just replied "Yeah, must of," so quietly it was almost inaudible.

***

An hour later and I was only just hearing what John had said. I didn't even know how to reply to the words, "He wanted to make amends," correctly so I just nodded in unison with his pauses.

Once he had finished explaining every single thing to a precise detail, he looked up expectantly at me and waited for me to follow up his speech with my usual words of wisdom.

However, the usual reassuring words that usually form in my mouth and pour into his ears weren't seeming to assemble and I could caught up in my thought far too much. I'd already said enough about his father being a dick? By the looks of the way he'd told his story he was regretting the words he'd said, consequently I didn't want to insult his dad anymore just in case he took offense to it. I didn't see how he would but I concluded that I should approach the situation with caution.

He batted his long, wispy eyelashes at me as he waited for my thought process to swiftly end and for me to see something.

Nevertheless, the words I'd determined as my sentece didn't seem to exit my lips and instead I said something completly unexpected.

"Oh my god Phil, I'm gay."

Immediatly after the words escaped, I clamped my hand over my mouth as if I'd just told a dirty secret. And to be honest it felt like I had. I scrunched shut my eyes and slapped myself on the forehead, hard. How could I have been so stupid? He wanted reassurance not a confession! Why couldn't have I just gone with the regular, 'It'll be alright'?

In my defense I couldn't have kept it a secret for too long. He had to know eventually. It wasn't something I could keep bottled up for the rest of my life.

Opening my eyes to and forcing my tear-glazed eyes to meet his dazzeling blue ones I watched as every emotion possible flashed upon his face. I couldn't really tell what his final reaction would be but he eventually made it pretty obvious when his lips curled up into a smile and he leaped on me, wraping me up in a tight hug.

"That's great! I'm so proud of you!" He practically screamed into my ear and I let out a giggle of joy.

It seemed he had instantly forgotten what our previous subject had been as he held onto me tightly. I drew back a little just too look right into his intent glare. His eyes were swimmingly blue and extremly captivating. I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking right now as our gazes were locked and he was awkwardly lying ontop of me.

Images of us kissing like this flashed up in my subconcious but I swiftly pushed them away for fear of ruining the moment we were now locked in. But we were both out now. People would assume we were together anyway. Right now though, I really couldn't give less of a fuck.

A/N-- This is kinda late so yeah, sorry about that but OH MY GOD GAYNESS YAY. I feel like a lot happened in this one but there wasn't enough build up but idk if you guys like rambely inner thoughts or just straight to the point stuff. Tell me? Please? I hope you enjoy this and now that they're both out please be ready for some intense sexual tension. Okay BYEE