Dan's POV

I was still totally taken aback by his sentences that I'd barely even processed him say "isn't that what alcohol is for? To say things you don't want to when you're not drunk?"

And he had a point. I was scarce to admit it to even myself but part of the reason to get Phil drunk was to see if he would loosen up a bit and tells what was bothering him so much; what if it was a girl though?

What if Phil had fallen head over heels in love with a girl and she didn't like him back. I know from past experience picking up the pieces of someone's broken heart when you love them and they love another-- I would never be easy.

But I'm Phil's my best friend. I owe it to him to be there for him, no matter how broken I felt, Phil always comes first.

"So," I began, hoping to get my answer, "Ever going to tell me what was wrong?"

"Um, m-maybe " he stuttered and I felt immediately bad for changing the train of conversation.

"You don't have to" I defended

"I know. But maybe I want to"

This shocked me more than ever. He wanted to? He'd gone from not daring to, too hmmm maybe.

"Do you want to?" I asked timidly

"Later but for now, I would like to just sit" he replied simply

"Just sit?" I questioned

"Yes" and he lay back on the grass and stared up at the stars that i'd barley noticed appear in the winter sky.

It was only half 7 but the dark skies seemed to think otherwise.

"Can I put some music on? I just don't like silence" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess so."

I got out my phone and scrolled through album after album. I knew exactly the song but it seemed to be hidden. A panicked thought raced through my mind 'what if I deleted it!'

And then I found it. Pressing play the familiar lyrics ran out and with the look Phil gave me after he heard the opening notes I knew I'd chosen correctly.

You're just too good to be true

can't keep my eyes off you

you'd feel like heaven to touch

I wanna hold you so much

at long last love has arrived

and I thank God I'm alive

you're just too good to be true

can't take my eyes off of your

The lyrics swirled in my brain and made me think of all the little things I loved about Phil.

The way he giggled at unfunny jokes for fear of offending the teller.

The way he looked at me awkwardly when he was meeting people for the first time.

The way he knew everything about me and exactly what I wanted at the exact moment.

The way he knew how to cheer me up.

The way he cared about me.

The way he was;he was just perfect.
..........................................................................
A/N-- sorry I didn't really plan on posting today but I had more spare time than expected and I read over it and decided the part I was going to include in this bit would sound better in Phil's part next