Dan's POV

I desperately wanted to help Phil. I just wanted to love him, to let him know that I do love him and that he's perfect and that he should be happy.

Thoughts wizzed round my head and I just didn't know what I could do.

"Please tell me what's wrong" My voice barely audible and a lump forming in my throat.

"I... I can't" Phil nervously replied.

Why Phil? Oh god, why?

Can't he see that I want to help him. I don't want him to be broken, I want him to go back to how he used to be.

"Please" I begged. I was getting nervous now. Was it really my fault? Had I made him cry?

He must of heard the angst in my voice and he pulled away. I was kind of hurt he didn't want to cuddle anymore but by the look in his eyes he was about to explain what was wrong and for that I needed him to look at me.

He started breathing heavily and intakes of oxygen was the only sound that filled the room. He bit down on his bottom lip and opened his mouth to say something. This is it, he's opening up to me.

"It's just a bad day, I guess" He said.

I didn't believe him, he was never this bad, I mean, I thought he was fine this morning. Nevertheless I still respected that this meant he wanted it to be private.

Does Phil have a girlfriend?

Of course, Phil was crying over a girl, not you Dan you concetied bugger.

Oh,  a girl.

I wanted to ask him if I was right, was I even close but if it was I knew he'd cry harder and I wanted him to smile so maybe I'll focus on cheering him up instead of the root of the problem.

"Right, okay" I said confidently and I stood up, "we're going out"

"What? Where?" Phil stammered, tears still appearing in his eyes.

"We both know staying cooped up in here will make you feel worse so we're going out and I intend on cheering you up!" I said, even though I did just want to cuddle with him, Phil is top priority not you Dan.

Phil seemed to perk up when I said that. Well done Dan! I think he liked that I didn't carry on asking and just tried to help.

"But where are we going?" He asked, wiping the tears from his face and painting a shy smile on his lips.

"It's a supprise, but I know you'll love it, now get yourself sorted, we have places to be"

In actual fact I had about 20 ideas on where I  could take Phil but one stuck out more than the others. It would be perfect!