Dan's POV

What? Was my drunk mind hearing things correctly? Did Phil just compliment me?  He never usually complimented people. Maybe he was just being friendly? Maybe he was just drunk?

Drunk or not he'd still said it and friendly or not I still had to reply otherwise it would just look weird.

My brain started looking over every possible thing to say that would lead to every possible scenario. Deep down I knew it wouldn't plan out like I'd hoped (it never did) but my brain didn't seem to get the message.

What if you say the wrong thing?

What if this is the moment you've been waiting for and he says he likes you?

Might help to reply, dickhead

I zoomed out of my daydream and focused on Phil's face, I studied every one of his features noticing his furrowed brow of confusion and the lack of his glasses which I was sure he was wearing before we left. My guess was that he was so drunk his blurred vision simply couldn't be counteracted. He'd just given up in seeing properly.

Maybe that's why he complimented me, because he can't see properly.

I had to reply. I just had to go for it.

"Why thank you" I said, slipping a sarcastic edge to my voice as not to keep the conversation serious "So do you, if I do say so myself."

In all honesty he did. And not because I was intoxicated but because he always looked nice. It was impossible for him not to look nice!

His expression numbed for a second before a huge smile was on his face and his eyes lit up. Wow. Does it really mean that much to him I said he looked nice. What if my tone was wrong and he realised I liked him. Would he even remember in the morning?

God I hoped not. What if he thought I was being weird.

"What are you smiling about" I laughed though I could hear the nervousness in my voice.

"You" he replied.

He seemed a lot more relaxed and was taking at ease now so I thought I could question further without being wrong.

"and what exactly about me is so amusing?" I asked,

"You're just so awkward," he explained, "in an adorable way of course but awkward nevertheless. Relax, I said you looked nice not that I wanted to suck your dick"

Wait what. For a start Phil never usually swore or even said anything of the sort. Drunk Phil was cool. Really cool. And I mentally scolded myself for not bringing him here in ages.

A/N - thank you for over 400 reads! Wow. And also I just thought I'd let you know that I am still working on my Troyler fic and know a possible basic story line. I'm kinda having trouble connecting everthing and starting it properly so I guess you'll have to wait a little longer. Sorry. I really do hope you're liking the story so far so yeah, bye.