Studying

"What are you doing?" Jimin rested his chin on top of Hyemi's head after racing into the kitchen, excited for his lunch.

"Studying," she replied tamely, giving his hand on her shoulder a little squeeze in greeting.

"For what?"

"My exam," she seemed unaffected by his questions, her focus still zoned into the work before. Although Jimin had that effect, she found, he had an ability to put people completely at ease.

"Oh, you're here again," the momentary reverie was shattered by Jungkook's sudden interruption; it was as if his very presence in the room sucked away all her motivation.

"Knock it off Jungkook," Joon immediately defended, placing another activity in front of the younger girl, who was left a little cold now without Jimin's warmth behind her.

"Yeah, since you ruined my coursework you could at least give me the chance to do well on my exam." She huffed bitterly, the memory of handing in the piece he ruined to her teachers and them loving it flashed painfully through her head. The fact that it had received a good grade was somehow the worst part of that whole mess. It didn't help that she couldn't admit to the grade without stroking Jungkook's ego, so she hadn't even told Namjoon how well it marked yet.

"Where's Namjoon?" JK questioned, returning to the kitchen hours later and finding Hyemi still diligently working away at the table.

"The studio," She shrugged dismissively, hoping he would leave. He didn't. Instead, he just sighed and settled into the seat and looking through the book as Joon had been. Now she was, once more, entirely distracted. He was messing with her belongings, again. God, did this idiot never learn?

"What are you doing? Leave me alone," she reached for the book, huffing. In return, he slapped at her outstretched hand, tutting.

"Quit whining, I'm helping you." he insisted and she narrowed her eyes on him, not buying it at all.

"Stop messing around, I really need to study," she argued and he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I know, I'm helping you." Helping her? How could he know where to even begin? What was he trying to achieve?

"How did I drop this mark? I hit all the key points." she pouted, looking down at the paragraph Jungkook had just marked with a mark scheme.

"No, you need to reference the exact date," he returned, showing her the proof from the scheme "Come on, it was on the notecard." he teased but she was too invested in the studying to pick up on his tone.

"Shit,"

"It's fine, this is the point of practising," He reassured, barely sparing her a glance before turning the page and preparing to go on. "Keep going, there's another five to go,"

"It's almost midnight, Jungkook, I need to get home," she groaned, looking at her phone as if it would stand up and tell him itself that it was time for her to go.

"Just stay here tonight," he once again shrugged her off, "It's not like you like being home anyway." that comment caught her off guard a little and caused her eyebrows to pull together slightly.

"What? Why would you say that?" Hymie prayed that didn't sound as defensive as it felt.

"You're never there," he shrugged as if the point he was making wasn't completely valid. "You literally spend all your free time here."

"I don't," A lie. She knew it and he did too but he wasn't going to call her out for it.

"If you're not out with Namjoon or that weird girl, then you're here." The boy persevered,