Studio

(A/n: Mum, I love him 🥲)

Mimie was waiting outside the office for almost an hour, not entirely sure why. Even Sihyuk had given up waiting and had settled himself in one of the meeting rooms to do his work. When the door finally opened Jungkook's mother stepped out first. Her eyes found Mimie's unintentionally as she seemed to search the walls restlessly. Once again, they exchanged smiles, however, this time neither seemed to reach the eyes. There had been an undeniable part of Hyemi that had hoped JK's prediction was wrong, but the red eyes that landed on her after bidding his mother goodbye told her everything she needed to know.

She was desperate to ask him about everything she'd not heard, but Jungkook wasn't one to open up when pressed. He was more like a turtle when it came to talking about feelings, the more he was prodded, the longer he stayed in his shell. He had to choose in his own time and the process was slow going. So she didn't ask, but she didn't let the silence linger either.

"Lunch?" she managed and the boy just nodded, falling into step with her to head back down the corridor.

Before they even made it to the kitchen JK stopped. It was probably the noise coming from their destination that worried him since his eyes were still red and he seemed still unable to actually say any words.

"Do you want to wait at my studio and I'll bring you some food," Mimie offered as quietly and casually as possible, "No one will look for you there," she added helpfully.

"Ok," he voiced finally. Turning on his heels, he vanished around a corner just in time to avoid being spotted by Suga who poked his head around the door to find the source of her voice, narrowing his eyes suspiciously at the sight of her stopped in the middle of the corridor.

"Who are you talking to?"

"My friend," she casually gestured to the phone in her hand which appeared to satisfy the elder with the lie before she followed him into the kitchen.

On the table was a large spread already made which the other members were digging in to, piquing her interest.

"Woah, are you boys celebrating something?" She teased the size of the buffet, ruffling Joon's hair in acknowledgement of the wide, dimple grin he sent her.