Abandoned

All day the dorm had been too quiet. Jungkook hadn't heard anything breaking or anyone screaming since first-thing that morning after Tae had demanded Kook went to the zoo with him. Jin hadn't even barged in to nag him about remembering to eat lunch since he'd spent all day playing video games. That was a good reminder to Jungkook that he hadn't actually eaten since breakfast, no wonder his stomach was screaming at him. He emerged to scavenge for food around three in the afternoon and still he could hear no noise. Grabbing an apple, Jungkook began to wander around looking for company. He hadn't even had Jimin loitering around the room behind JK's gaming chair, so he was rather lonely at this point.

It wasn't unusual for all the members to be out at once, but it was strange for them not to be blowing up the group chat keeping each other constantly updated about each members' individual adventures. In fact, the only time they weren't constantly messaging each other was when they were together. It wasn't just quiet it was eerily quiet. Pulling out his phone, yet again, Jungkook checked the date this time- just in case it was close to his birthday and they were busy with a surprise. April- nope, not even close. Was it too clingy to call Tae and find out if they were together? Maybe he shouldn't call. Maybe he could text them? But if they weren't already on the group chat they probably weren't going to pick up a text. Maybe he could ring with an excuse? He could call Yoongs and say he needed to get into his studio to record... No that's dumb, he has his own studio.

He could ring Jin and ask him to bring some food home for dinner. What didn't they have in the fridge?

"Jungkook-ah," Jin answered pretty quickly, he must have had the phone in his hand...

"Jin-hyung, will you be home soon? I really want fried chicken."

"You rang me to ask me for fried chicken?"

"I figured you could pick it up on your way back?"

"Just get it delivered, or go out and get it yourself." Jin made a good point but Jungkook was distracted by the way the eldest gave himself away. Jungkook was expecting Jin to tell him that Yoongi would go for him if he asked nicely. But obviously, Yoongi couldn't go because Yoongi was with Jin, which was the only reason Jin wouldn't have suggested it.

"I don't want it now, I want it for dinner," JK pressed on, trying not to let it get to him to know his hyungs were all out together and not telling him.

"So order it at dinner time?"

"Are you guys not going to be back for dinner then?"

)"I'm not sure we-," Jin cut himself of realising he'd fallen for Jungkook's trick. A silence passed through the phone as Jungkook waited for Jin to continue. He wasn't going to call them out, if they didn't want him around them, fine, whatever, but he was going to let it hang in the air that they now knew he knew.

"I found the churros by the monkeys," a familiar feminine voice broke the silence, sounding through JK's speaker all muffled, but unmistakable. Now he knew why they hadn't told him. They'd invited Hyemi. He didn't really have the right to be upset, he had refused when Tae had invited him, but knowing he'd been replaced by her? It just didn't sit right with him.

"I guess I'll see you later then," Jungkook abruptly announced before hanging up the call and marching straight back to his bedroom and starting up his laptop. If they were going to hang out with their new best friend, he was going to hang out with Army and see how they like being left out.

Hindsight was screaming for Jungkook not to film the v-live in a bad mood (or in his bedroom for that matter) but Jungkook couldn't see it. A quick text to management and that was that he was live and he'd captioned it abandoned. Instantly the number of viewers rocketed up, he even tweeted the link, which he had never tried before. Waiting a couple of minutes to allow people to join, he spent the time adjusting his bed so it was made perfectly and throwing a few abandoned bits of clothing into nearby draws. This was something he should have done before he'd started the live, but he was feeling too petty to think about it.

"Hello," he greeted the viewers with his signature smile and bit back a laugh at all the comments asking about the caption. "Hello, how are you?" he tried in English, again he enjoyed the mania so few words caused in the comments. "All my hyungs are busy, so I thought I would spend some time with Army," he cheered waving his arms up, not giving a thought to the tattoos now clearly displayed by his short-sleeved t-shirt. "How am I feeling?" he managed to catch from the comments that were hurtling past the screen, "I am feeling much better now I'm with Army!" He flirted, wiggling his eyebrows briefly before giggling at himself and then at the reactions flying through the comments.

Although he'd gone live out of bitterness, within moments he had forgotten what had upset him.

Rapmon-hyung: You're live???

Oh yeah, that was it. He must have been pouting at the phone because the comments began to explode again encouraging him to cheer up and asking what had made him so sad.

"I'm not sad," he forced a laugh, hoping it was enough to fool Army, "I was just reading, Namjoonie-hyung sends his love to Army." Jungkook lied, placing his phone face down and out of sight of the camera.

He spent over an hour answering questions and attempting to say phrases in other languages to please the fans; he would have kept going if it wasn't for the sound of the front door opening.

"Wow, look at the time," he announced abruptly, "I should get some dinner," comments began to fill asking him to stay a little longer but he tried not to pay attention to them because Army could probably convince him to be live all night if he let them. "I love you!" he signed off, waving and smiling, though the footsteps were nearing his door and he knew Joonie wasn't happy with him for ignoring his messages. Patiently, he waited, looking at the door and seeing shadows passing by, doing his best to look lovable and innocent when the door finally opened.

There was no holding the facade when Hobi was the one behind the door.

"You can be more dramatic than Jimin sometimes," Hobi teased, not waiting for permission before throwing himself across the youngest to hug him. Jungkook loved Hobi hugs- there was something parental in them that made him feel so accepted and comfortable. Not to mention Hobi-hyung was the sort of person who threw their entire heart and soul into his hugs. You could feel every ounce of sunshine when Hobi hugged you. This hug was saying, we know why you went live, we know you're not happy that we went out without you, we're sorry, we know you're sorry, let's move forward.

"Jungkook-ah, your fried chicken is going to get cold!" Jimin yelled from the other room, calling for the pair to join the group gathered around the table. Jungkook's eyes fell on Hyemi, who had settled herself beside RM, as usual, and was picking at a salad rather than the fried chicken.

"Ew, you brought it home?" he quipped, meeting Hyemi's gaze as he sat across the table from her.

"Ew, you still have that?" she shot right back, barely batting an eyelid at the maknae,

"Yah, play nice." Joon scolded, stealing food from both their plates as punishment.

"I will if he will," Mimie muttered, though it didn't go unnoticed.

"How old are you five?" Jungkook scoffed, earning a narrow eye glare from the girl across the table

"I'm not the one who threw a tantrum because no one wanted to play with me today," she returned with a smug expression, though it didn't last long "Did you just kick me?"

"Unbelievable," Joon sighed, giving up playing peacemaker and focusing on his dinner.