It must suck to be you

"I don't want to work for you," Mimie deadpanned

"I don't want to work for you," Mimie deadpanned. She'd agreed to meet Sihyuk for lunch because she realised they hadn't spoken, not properly, in a long time.

"I don't want you to work for me, I want you to work with me." he corrected with a sad smile. Leaning back on her chair, Mimie let her eyes drift around the cafe. It had been a while since she had been in this building. It didn't seem to have changed much, but that was Sihyuk's style: the whole world can rearrange around us but we will remain just as we have always been.

Future professors of business would likely attribute his unprecedented successes in business to the dedication and loyalty Sihyuk kept to his fundamental morals and beliefs. The tech got fancier and the buildings got bigger but his core values remained the same. Not that it made the slightest bit of difference to his current conversation.

"I'm not CEO anymore, I've got more freedom to be creative and I'd like the opportunity to work with you," His heartfelt confession fell on deaf ears because Mimie's eyes were glued to the incoming notifications on her phone.

Kook: You can keep ignoring me for as long as you want. I'm not going anywhere. [insert kiss emoji]

Kook: I love you x

God, he was killing her. Every day since Mimie had left Berlin, Jungkook had sent her regular texts and tried to call. Sometimes, like today, he'd be persistently trying to reach out to her. Other times he just wanted to keep her updated. He wanted to tell her everything, and she'd given up asking him to give her space, so now he just did. Any joke he heard, he'd text her. Every new person they met, every country they went to, every food they ate, she'd hear about.

"That's them, isn't it?" Sihyuk could see straight through her failed poker face. But Mimie didn't answer, she simply stared back at him. "It's Jungkook, right?"

She refused to answer him. She didn't like this side of him. This was not her uncle before her, this was a businessman.

"I heard you're not talking to him, right now?" Sihyuk pressed on, undeterred by his niece's cold shoulder. It wasn't the first time she'd thrown a strop with him. He'd handled them when she was seven, he could handle them now. "He blames me, of course," Mimie's expression shifted ever so slightly, her eyes leaking amused disbelief now as well as disdain. Who else was there to blame?

Deciding to let that thought sit with Mimie for a while, Sihyuk finally fell silent.

Kook: I think you should speak to Namjoon, even if you aren't talking to me x

Blinking down at the text, Mimie drew her lip between her teeth, glancing up hesitantly at her uncle. If he noticed, he didn't say anything.

"How is he?" She finally spoke and Sihyuk nearly laughed. Of course, that was her first question.