Boarding

*March 2011*

*March 2011*

"I'm not going,"

"Mimie-ah, you have to." Her eomma sighed heavily, once again holding out the new school uniform Mimie was expected to try on. All the woman had wanted was for her daughter to try the outfit on so they would have time to exchange items that didn't fit.

"Why do I have to go away for school?" Mimie whined, throwing herself onto her bed face down. Maybe if she hides in the covers for long enough then Eomma would leave her alone. "There are great schools in Seoul," she mumbled into the bedding. Somehow Eomma understood her.

"This isn't just a great school, this is the best, and you're in on a scholarship." The older woman was quickly losing her patience, having to both argue with her obstinate daughter whilst also keeping the uniform away from Mimie's flailing limbs. She was going to crease and dirty the clothes if she was not careful and then they'd not be able to take them back even if they were too small. "You should be proud of it not fighting it."

"I want to stay here!"

"Noekkeo, please, I can't handle her right now," Her mother handed the clothes over to her husband, clearly at the end of her tether with her youngest. She resorted to scowling at the little girl from over her husband's shoulder whilst the man stepped forward and took a softer approach.

"Mimie-ah, your Eomma is right. This is a privilege, not a punishment,"

"I'll go," Minseo smirked unhelpfully,

"Seoie, not now," her Eomma quickly dismissed before her elder daughter provoked the younger one. "Hyemi-ah, you're going and that's the end of the conversation."

Telling Joonie, as expected, was the hardest part. How was she supposed to survive when she couldn't his away in his studio at the end of the day until nothing mattered anymore? She'd cried on him for a while before falling asleep against him until her Appa came to get her. Namjoon felt like he'd taken a punch to the gut. He wasn't quite as distraught as Mimie had been, but it still felt an ache knowing he wouldn't get to see Mimie every week. She had really managed to carve out a place for herself in his heart. Seeing her so upset hurt him too,

Joon came with Mimie to the train station when she left that first term. he didn't cry but Mimie did enough for the both of them. Plus, he was actually clenching every muscle in his body to hold his own tears back.

"Half-term is in two months. You'll have so much fun, you won't even notice how fast the time is passing until you come back," She didn't believe him in the slightest, but she was still reassured.

"I'm going to miss you, Eolin-i," Joon mumbled, pressing a kiss to the younger's head, before teasingly shoving her towards Yoongi who had also come along, although he was much more composed than Namjoon.

"Be careful with yourself Mimie-ah. Don't overwork yourself, make sure to call so Namjoonie doesn't worry, ok?"

She didn't see where the gift bag had come from, but Yoongi refused to look her in the eyes as he handed it over,