Joonie-ah

The irony of Mimie declaring she was taking Namjoon for dinner after he'd finally decided to stop asking her, did not escape him. But he didn't comment on it. He had no intention to ruin the buzzing atmosphere around his best friend once he'd announced he'd pay.

"Yah! You're not even going to pretend to argue with him about it?" Jin had teased after Mimie immediately accepted Joon's offer to foot the bill. She'd simply stuck her tongue out at Jin and he'd muttered that she was shameless, but no feelings were hurt.

Well, maybe Taehyung's. But only because he hadn't been invited and the man hated missing out.

"We can do something fun when we get home," Jimin had offered, throwing his arm around his pouting soulmate.

"It's not the same,"

Joon and Mimie were heading off in the opposite direction to the dorms, and the other members were eager to get back and rest. This left the six other members all squished into one car whilst Namjoon and Mimie dibsed the other vehicle. At least Sejin was happy about not having to accompany them to the dorm and back since there was no more room in the car.

It didn't take many drinks for Mimie to get into a bit of a state as she'd been working herself to the bone and was rather worn down. Actually, even though she'd spent a lot of time hanging out with Seo, for the first time in forever, she felt like she had the chance to relax. So she was taking it. Although Joon, ecstatic to have his best friends undivided attention, was matching her drink for drink.

However, there was a fair amount more meat to Namjoon these days, since he spent more time with JK at the gym, and so the alcohol wasn't affecting him with the same intensity as it seemed to be getting to Mimie. Which was likely how he convinced her to start spilling her secrets to him.

Some of them at least. She was managing to keep her lips sealed pretty tightly about the fact she was officially in a relationship with Seo. There wasn't particularly any reason for her not to tell Joon about her boyfriend, except that she knew the minute she did, he'd demand to meet Seo- just like Hana had. As silly as it might sound, she didn't want that because the minute they met, it would all be real.

But Joon was pressing on at her about her odd behaviour recently, like a dog with a bone. Asking question after question. What had she been doing? Had she heard from the flower guy? Was that who she was running off to see after work? Why was she dodging his questions? Was this about Jungkook? What happened in Busan?

"It's not Jungkook," she finally answered a question directly, catching Joon off guard and earning a moment of quiet while he processed.

"But there is something?" Mimie didn't appreciate the smug look on Joon's face, but she didn't call him out for it. He did pick up on her hesitating though, and his smirk slipped into an expression a little more pained. "If something has happened, I just want to help..." he added. She could feel him silently pleading with her and it hit her what Jimin had meant. By spending all her time with Seo lately, she'd completely cut off Namjoon because they didn't talk about personal things during work hours. Before Seo, he was the one person to whom she would tell everything.

To fix what she'd broken, she knew what she needed to do. Even in her drunken state. He wanted her to show him she still trusted him, he'd never ask it of her. He'd never push her like that. But Namjoon's love language was quality time and verbal intimacy and she had been neglecting him specifically in those ways. It hadn't been intentional, but it was time to make up for it.

"Nothing happened," she reassured, taking a deep breath to prepare herself for the admission coming. "I like Jungkook," she blurted. Their surprised expressions mirrored each other perfectly. Clearly, it was a look she'd picked up from him. She had shocked herself, having intended to admit to everything with Seo, only to chicken out in the last second, not even warning herself.