Mixed Messages

After ten minutes of convincing, Mimie managed to persuade Jungkook that she should wait at the hotel until the concert later, which she promised to watch, rather than accompany them to their interview

After ten minutes of convincing, Mimie managed to persuade Jungkook that she should wait at the hotel until the concert later, which she promised to watch, rather than accompany them to their interview. Once all the members had finally left the hotel room, Mimie fell back on the bed and let herself catch a breath for the first time since she had left her date midway through.

The last 48 hours played in the back of her mind like the best bits of a TV series. She had barely even noticed that she was in Europe. She'd never been to Berlin before and yet she'd spent her first day seeing nothing but hotel walls and the inside of cars.

Grabbing Jungkook's German to Korean dictionary as she went, Mimie took herself out to breakfast. It was a bold move considering her face had been all over German gossip columns the previous day, but it was a risk she was (apparently) willing to take.

She found a cafe near a river and bought herself a pastry and a coffee before sitting back and letting the world move around her. The camera around her neck hung useless for the first hour. She'd become accustomed to carrying it with her wherever she went, to the point where she always seemed to forget it was even with her. Thankfully, she remembered it after her hands found themselves empty of the pastry.

"You should really keep moving to avoid being spotted, you know?" A familiar Korean voice interrupted Mimie's thoughts. She lifted her face from the camera lens to meet Sejin's eyes.

"I'm not going to get recognised," she smiled, nodding her head to the seat beside her, "One picture on a gossip column doesn't make me famous,"

"The right picture with the right companion might," he argued lightly, but both knew that really she was probably quite safe to do as she pleased, providing she did it alone.

"So, who sent you, Namjoon or Jungkook?" she raised an eyebrow questioningly at him, although her expression remained friendly.

"Neither," He laughed, her surprise was evident.

"Seokjin?" Was her third, albeit hesitant, guess.

"Yoongi,"

"Really? that's a new one,"

"Although, I reckon it was because Jungkook has been following you on his Snapchat thing all morning." She couldn't help laughing: picturing him pulling out his phone every few minutes to open the app, only to be scolded by one of his hyungs.

Once the moment had passed, they sat in silence for a while and Mimie found herself questioning Sejin's appearance for a different reason.

"Do they not need you with them?"

"Are you joking?" He scoffed lightly, his charming smile winning her over instantly, lowing her guard. She almost forgot this man had been a catalyst to her difficulties before Japan, "I'm just another body in the way during these press things. Namjoon is so good that it makes me a little redundant at times. Don't let your uncle know that though,"